HEKS/EPER recruits 01 Regional Grant Acquisition Manager Africa, 80-100%
HEKS/EPER (Swiss Church Aid) is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and diaconal work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged people.
Are you passionate about business development to improve social justice, particularly in Africa? HEKS/EPER is seeking to strengthen, increase and consolidate its performance with regards to grant acquisition and management with a focus on the Africa portfolio. With a view to providing additional and more targeted support to grant acquisition efforts in Africa, HEKS/EPER is looking to recruit an experienced, motivated candidate to take grant acquisition to the next level. The position will preferably be based in one of our African Country Offices, with frequent travel in the region. The incumbent may also act as surge capacity for acquisition efforts in other geographic contexts.
Regional Grant Acquisition Manager Africa, 80-100%
Support country teams along the entire grant acquisition business cycle, including
- Identification of donors and funding opportunities in line with HEKS/EPER’s global strategic goals and the country programs through donor mapping, opportunity screening and pro-active donor engagement.
- Facilitating Go / No-Go discussions and decision-making.
Supporting / leading proposal development processes, incl. proposal writing as required.
- Liaising with other teams (M&E, controlling/ finance, thematic advisory) during proposal development process.
- Managing the selection and hiring of consultants.
- Ensuring high quality and compliance of proposals with regards to content, structure and budget, as well as timely submission.
- Support start-up of grant-funded projects, incl. facilitating kick off workshops.
- Support country teams with donor reporting and compliance questions.
- In coordination with Country Directors and HEKS/EPER HQ, engage with key donors at regional and country level.
- Represent HEKS/EPER at external events for visibility and networking.
- Conduct donor research, prepare donor briefings, develop communications material in collaboration with the HEKS/EPER communication department.
Capacity building/ knowledge management
- Contribute to capacity building of HEKS/EPER and local partners’ staff on grant acquisition, donor compliance etc.
- Support organizational learning and knowledge management related to grant acquisition, incl. support to Grant Acquisition Community of Practice.
- Contribute to HQ-level grants business data collection and analysis.
Expériences / Formation
- University degree in International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, International Relations, Communication, Macro-Economics, or related field.
- Min. 5 – 7 years’ professional experience in a grant acquisition/ institutional fundraising role in the international development and/or humanitarian aid sector; field experience a plus.
- Proven track record of successful acquisition of grants from bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g. EU, SDC, USAID, DFID) and/or international foundations.
- Previous work experience in International NGO, UN or donor agency.
- Broad general knowledge of international development, humanitarian assistance and current trends in development policy and practice.
- Familiarity with donor strategies, eligibility requirements, compliance and submission processes.
- Excellent knowledge of Project Design (Logframes, Budgeting), Project Cycle Management.
- Excellent written and oral English (native speaker or C2) and solid French are mandatory; German, Spanish or Portuguese an asset.
- IT skills: MS Office 365, Sharepoint, online meeting tools, CRM.
- Readiness to travel extensively in the Region (up to 40%).
In addition, you pay attention to details and are able to deliver results within tight deadlines and manage competing priorities. You are an effective communicator and networker able to influence and engage with teams and stakeholders across different cultures.
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
- A competitive salary package, min. 5 weeks annual leave
- Modern working conditions, incl. flexible working hours and an attractive parental leave policy
- Opportunities for continued professional development
- A dedicated and multi-disciplinary team
- A one-year, renewable contract
- Duty station: Preferably Africa, in one of our Country Offices (to be determined)
Closing date for applictations will be 22 November 2020.
Preferred start date: January 2021 or upon agreement
Marisa Althaus-Vojta, Head of Grant Acquisition, is at your disposal for further information: +41 44 360 88 95.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.