Professional Development Grant Program is now open for Applications
Deadline: 17 October 2019
Arts Council Malta is seeking applications for its Professional Development Grant to support the continuous professional development of Maltese or Malta-based artists and cultural operators who are active in the cultural and creative sectors and seeking to engage in short term professional training to improve their skills and advance their specialisation.
The programme is also open to students engaged in the cultural and creative sectors, as long as the proposed training programme is not related to the full-time studies.
- To support the continuous professional development of artists and cultural operators in exploring, developing skills, building networks and engaging in national and international collaborations.
- To foster excellence in the fields of art and culture, and the advancement of knowledge and capabilities in such related fields.
- To invest in training and increase opportunities for artists and creative professionals.
- To encourage professional intellectual growth and productivity
- To encourage creative professionals to continue building their skill sets and to engage in platforms both on a national and international level.
- Applications are accepted from creative professionals engaged economically, full-time or part-time equivalent, in one of the cultural and creative sectors. Applications may also be submitted by groups and students as identified in the definitions of this scheme.
- Outstanding young artists eligible to benefit from this grant scheme, must be at least 14 years of age and already engaged in training in the same field they are applying for. Such training must be considered as additional specialization.
- Criteria of the Professional Development Grant are:
- The level of opportunity for professional development in terms of skills improvement and advancement in specialisation
- The value of the learning platform and of the training opportunity
- The national or international engagement, including the benefit of the wider arts and creative community
- The professional and financial management of the project
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Malta
For more information, please visit https://www.artscouncilmalta.org/funds/professional-development-grant