Call for Proposals to support Gender Equity in Sport- Canada
Deadline: 14 October 2019
Sport Canada is seeking applications for a Canadian university to lead and coordinate the Gender Equity in Sport Research Hub to support gender equity in sport through innovative, transparent and sustainable research activities, data curation, network building and partnerships, to effect pan-Canadian behaviour change.
The following objectives reflect the five core streams of activity to be undertaken by the Research Hub:
- Generation of new knowledge;
- Data curation and consolidation/synthesis of existing research (“science watch”);
- Tracking and monitoring population and system change (via partnership with the Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute);
- Evaluation and impact analysis; and
- Knowledge transfer and exchange.
Sport Canada will provide $1.65 million over three (3) years according to the following schedule:
- $550,000 in 2019-2020 (commencing in January 2020)
- $550,000 in 2020-2021
- $550,000 in 2021-2022
Informed by the workshop, the following principles were developed to guide the work of the Research Hub. The Hub will:
- Add value to the existing gender equity in sport landscape by partnering with and leveraging existing stakeholders;
- Draw on the unique strengths, expertise and resources of its university-based setting;
- Identify a research agenda that will prioritize research that fills knowledge gaps and aims to contribute to behaviour change via stakeholders and knowledge-mobilizing partners;
- Build sustainable collaborative relationships with partners and seek opportunities to leverage resources where appropriate;
- Strive to provide science-based and credible thought leadership to stakeholders and partners;
- Be open to multi-disciplinary research and approaches;
- Commission, initiate and advocate for research in identified priority areas, including underserved/underrepresented groups;
- Document the processes and deliverables of the Hub in a transparent and accessible manner;
- Provide advice and support to knowledge mobilizers, but will not be responsible for end-user adoption of the Hub’s research or recommendations; and
- Ensure that the knowledge resulting from the Hub is widely and freely accessible; both serving as basis for new research and by helping to avoid potential research duplication.
A proposal must include the following minimum mandatory requirements:
- Mandatory technical criteria:
- Information on the applying organization and, if relevant, collaborating organizations
- Introduction demonstrating content knowledge
- A three (3)-year strategic plan describing operations and reporting, as well as the working partnership with the Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute (CFLRI)
- Proposed approach and methodology
- Work plan including level of investment of time and effort by team members, as well as percentage of total work time devoted by principles to Research Hub activities
- Demonstration of capacity in both official languages
- Relevant experience and curriculum vitae of team members and
- Previous work and references
- Mandatory financial criteria:
- A provisional balanced budget should be submitted with the application. This budget should not exceed $1.65 million from federal funds over 3 years, starting in 2019-2020. Amounts cannot exceed $550,000 in any of the three fiscal years.
- Other mandatory criteria:
- A letter of support from the Vice Rector Research or equivalent from the lead university.
- The research team must commit to successfully complete the Government of Canada’s GBA+ online training.
Although partnerships between Canadian universities and/or with colleges are encouraged, the application must be submitted by a single lead Canadian university, which will be responsible for the signing of the contribution agreement with the Government of Canada.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via email address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/sport-support/gender-equity.html
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo