UNICEF recruits 01 Consultant for the Costing of the EMTCT plan for HIV, Syphilis and Hepatite B
Job no: 523308
Work type: Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Education
How can you make a difference?
- Purpose and Objective:
In Mozambique, HIV, syphilis and viral hepatitis represent a major public health problem. Regarding the prevention of Mother to Child transmission of HIV, the Ministry of Health launched in 2012 a National Plan for Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission (EMTCT) aiming to reduce the HIV vertical transmission rate to less than 5% in the breastfeeding mothers. The plan was valid for 3 years, ending in 2015. Due to the high vertical transmission rate over the years and the end of the period of the previous plan, in 2018 an Acceleration Plan 2018-2020for the Double Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission for HIV and Syphilis was prepared, under the three-frees strategy (Start free, Aids free), and WHO Pathways to the Elimination of Vertical Transmission for HIV and Syphilis. On the other hand, there is also a need to align efforts to meet WHO targets for the elimination of viral hepatitis by 2030.
Mozambique is currently developing a National Plan for the Triple Elimination of the Mother to Child Transmission of HIV, Syphilis and Hepatitis B, 2020-2024. This plan will guide the country in all efforts in the path of elimination for the 3 pathologies.
In order to implement the plan under development, it is essential to estimate the cost of the plan, and there is a need to carry out the costing per year to cover each year of its implementation.
In this regard, the Ministry of Health, through the PNC STI-HIV / AIDS intends to hire a consultant who will support this process.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop the costing of the National Plan for the Triple Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV, Syphilis and Hepatitis B (2020-2024).
- Methodology and Technical Approach (activities):
Under the leadership of MISAU, through the PNC STI-HIV / AIDS and the DPC, and in close collaboration with WHO and UNICEF and consultation with the PMTCT TWG, the following steps will be implemented: Preparedness and execution of the Costing process.
- Activities and Tasks:
- Develop a timeframe for activities to carry out the costing process, defining the required meetings with the key informants: the PMTCT technical group, the M & E focal point for the HIV program, MOH DPC, the focal points from PEPFAR implementing partners (CDC and USAID), UNICEF, WHO and the Departments of Pharmacy and CMAM, to obtain information relevant to the costing.
- The PNC STI, HIV / AIDS will provide the consultant with the Strategic Plan, including the activity plan per year (operational plan). It will also provide the consultant with a list of key informants for the costing process.
- Execution of the Costing:
- The elaboration of the costing of the Strategic Plan will be presented by year and total (sum of all the years of implementation of the plan).
- The methodology for costing will be defined with the DPC, HIV M & E and WHO Focal Point, once the available information has been compiled.
- When necessary, meetings will be held with the PMTCT reference group and key informants to validate the calculations according to the goals and activities defined in the plan.
- On a regular basis, the consultant should have joint meetings with the PNC STI-HIV / AIDS, UNICEF and WHO to discuss progress and challenges in achieving costing.
- Carry out a workshop to discuss and validate the results of costing.
- Develop the final Costed Plan report.
- Payments will be processed upon acceptance of the corresponding deliverable and against an invoice that will make reference to the contract reference and deliverable number. Payments will be approved by the respective section chief.The consultancy should have as final products:Deliverable 1:
Delivery timeframe (1st months ):
Deliverable/product(s): Inception report; preliminar Strategic Plan for Triple elimination of HIV, syphilis and Hepatitis B costed by year and by the total duration of the plan (5 years)
Delivery timeframe (2nd month ):
Deliverable/product(s): National workshop to present the preliminary cost for analysis and validation.
Delivery timeframe ((3rd month ):
Deliverable/product(s): Final report: Costed plan.
The consultancy will last in 90 days (3 months).
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Degree in Economics and / or Management and Finance.
- Master in Public Health, Health Economics or Hospital Management will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in costing programs or projects related to Health, preferably HIV / AIDS;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Knowledge of tools for costing strategic plans, such as One-Health will be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal communication and facilitation skills; ability to interact with various stakeholders and express ideas and concepts verbally and concisely.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Portuguese and English is a requirement
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 21 Jun 2019 South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 07 Jul 2019 11:55 PM South Africa Standard Time