Plan International recruits 01 Projects Accountant
Location: Beira, S, MZ
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of the Role
The post holder is responsible for the projects cash and budget management and financial reporting and analysis, field visits and partner capacity building, as well as ensuring that all projects are audit ready at all times;
- Monitor budget versus expenditure for the respective grants.
- Update Indicative Funding Budgets in consultation with Projects Managers
- Reviews the budgets for the projects and budget modifications and submit the same to the PU Accountant for incorporation into project budgets.
- Reviews Projects financial reports investigating projects variances before submitting to the PM and PU Accountant.
- Ensure compliance to donor requirements on financial issues for all the grants.
- Prepare and submits monthly grant BVA to the PM.
- Grants Audit Planning and preparation of TORs for submission to the PM.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the audit of the grants as per contractual agreement.
- Regular field visits to all projects areas to verify that resources are optimally used.
- Liaise with respective technical advisors and grant coordinators to assess the partner in the financial management.
- Assist Project Coordinators in conducting financial training programs for partners involved in implementation of grant.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting or business or equivalent qualification
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office in an NGO set up.
- Strong experience in working with donor funded projects e.g USAID, CIDA, etc;
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to interpret and work accordance with laid down procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet
Type of Role: Fixed Term 3 months
Annual Salary: 1,848,000.00MTS