Plan International recruits 01 Country Programme Manager / Gender and Inclusion
Location: Makati City, 00, PH
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Philippines is seeking a passionate and committed individual to lead its national Gender and Inclusion Programme. Plan’s programming has been a strong and leading voice in the protection of children and girls’ rights. With a competent and passionate leader/manager, the Gender and Inclusion Programme will continue to grow as a leading voice, and deliver its commitment to protect, educate and empower more children, especially girls, in the country. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners. Will you join us?
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director for Programmes, the Country Programme Manager – Gender and Inclusion has thematic expertise in gender and inclusion and will lead all related technical business development and ensures quality implementation with frequent field deployment to relevant responses.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Will lead the implementation of the gender-based programming of Plan International Philippines.
- Lead a team of specialists dedicated to gender-based programming.
- Provide technical inputs on gender towards project proposals crafted by other technical specialists and managers.
- Will craft project proposals to increase the portfolio of gender-based programming of Plan International. Projects should be able to contribute to Plan’s Global Strategy of 100 Million Reasons. This global strategy outlines our ambition to help 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive by 2022 and how we will achieve it.
- Track emerging national and global trends in Gender, Gender in Emergencies, and Inclusion both internally to Plan and externally.
- Build relationships, collaborate with partners at the national and regional levels and, provide leadership to promote knowledge sharing, learning, and complementation of resources.
- Conduct field visits and provide technical recommendations on the field.
- Lead the development and dissemination of communication pieces and materials on social media and other platforms to promote Plan’s Gender and Inclusion experience, successes, and influencing objectives.
- University graduate. Diploma or postgraduate degree on Gender Studies, Women’s Studies, Women and Development, Women and Ecology, or any related course.
- At least six years’ experience in gender, inclusion; or any related field.
- Has at least three years’ managerial work experience.
- Experience and training in a rights-based approach to development, project proposal development, project management, humanitarian response, and training design.
- Relevant training in project management, monitoring and evaluation, people management, and, risk management.
- A good communicator, both in writing and spoken communications.
- Experience in working within a conflict setting is preferred.
- Experience working in an international environment or international development/humanitarian organization is desirable.
- Has the willingness to be deployed at short notice, to support projects and emergency response.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants preferred.