Deadline: 24 September 2019
Through this Call for Proposals, UNDP is inviting interested NGOs/CBOs to develop innovative proposals for projects towards supporting awareness and education on conservation, sustainable livelihood activities on community based Sustainable Forest Management (SFM), Sustainable Land Management (SLM) and Human Wildlife Conflict (HWC) Management, Alternative Sources of Income and Energy in targeted Community Wildlife Conservancies (CWCs) in Hurungwe, Mbire and Muzarabani.
The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and Ministry of Environment of Environment, Tourism and Hospitality Industry (METHI), with support from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) developed a project to mitigate development challenges associated with biodiversity loss, ecosystem degradation, and climate change consequences. The challenges to be addressed include, poaching and illegal wildlife trade, human wildlife conflicts and retaliatory killings, deforestation, and climate change consequences (droughts, floods, increased frequency of veld fires) in the Mid to Lower Zambezi Area of Zimbabwe.
The Project has four components:
- Strengthening capacity and governance frameworks for integrated wildlife and forest management and wildlife and forest crime enforcement in Zimbabwe;
- Strengthening Zimbabwe’s Project Area estate and CAMPFIRE Wildlife Conservancies in areas of global Biodiversity significance;
- Mainstreaming Biodiversity and Ecosystems management, and climate change mitigation, into the wider landscape;
- Knowledge Management, M&E and Gender Mainstreaming.
- Awareness and Education
- Awareness campaigns targeting Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT), deforestation and climate change adaptation and mitigation across the project area covering all 3 districts.
- Livelihood Enhancement
- Sustainable livelihood activities that contribute directly to community based SFM, SLM and HWC management outcomes.
- Alternative Energy
- The provision of alternative sources of energy, clean energy and energy saving technologies in the target Districts.
Target beneficiaries/groups for project activities comprise of the following:
- Community members and Local authorities, in the target CWCs (men, women, youths, People Living with Disabilities (PLWD), indigenous and vulnerable communities/groups);
- Applicants should develop project proposals in consultation with communities from the proposed participating wards.
- Eligible grantees are registered NGOs/CBOs that have demonstrated competences and experience in working with local communities in promoting sustainable livelihoods, environmental awareness, biodiversity conservation, climate change adaptation and mitigation;
- Preference will be given to locally registered NGOs.
- The proposals will be reviewed by a designated Project Selection Committee and will make recommendations to the Project Steering Committee;
- The selection shall focus on the quality of the proposal, proposed approach, results framework, team composition and capacity as well as the budget;
- Proposals which obtain the highest technical scores shall be selected for further consideration of the financial proposal/budget.
- Other aspects that will be considered in the evaluation process include:
- Sound technical proposal that includes replicable interventions that benefit the target communities;
- A proposed budget that is proportionate to the organization’s proven administrative and financial management capacity;
- Participatory monitoring and evaluation that will contribute to building a sense of ownership among the beneficiaries to promote the sustainability of the interventions;
- The general list of required competencies.
How to Apply
Prospective applicants should submit the following:
- A completed Request for Information form (RFI);
- Completed UNDP ZVBP Small Grants Proposal Template;
- Completed UNDP ZVBP Small Grants Financial Template (Budget);
- Provide Curriculum Vitae (CVs) of key personnel that will be assigned to support the project;
- Proof of registration as an NGO/CBO including copies of registration certificate and constitution or other governing documents;
For more information please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=58927
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo