UNICEF recruits 01 Security Specialist (Field Security Advisor), (P-3)
Job no: 525713
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: Syrian Arab Rep
Categories: P-3, Security
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope.
The Field Security Advisory (FSA) is responsible for all aspects of security risk management (SRM), crisis readiness and preparedness at his/her respective duty station. He/she will serve as deputy to the Country Field Security Advisor (CFSA) and assist all staff in the execution of their security responsibilities in Syria. The FSA will report on security issues to the CFSA and the Representative, UNICEF Regional Security Advisor or the UNICEF Security Coordinator in NY in times of emergency. When appointed to a specific office within the country, the FSA continues to report to the CFSA but maintains an operational and technical line of communication (supporting role) to the respective Head of Office (HoO). The FSA may be appointed to replace the CFSA during absences.
How can you make a difference?
• Advise the Representative / CFSA / Head of Office in the execution of their duties and accountabilities with regard to the safety and security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises and in accordance with UN and UNICEF Security Management Systems. In accordance to Syria SRM/RSM/SOP standards and decisions taken by the DO/SMT, follow-up on these recommendations to ensure their full implementation/compliance.
• Monitor the security situation and provide independent analysis of emerging security threats to UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises and assets. Manage security activities in support of UNICEF operations and participate, coordinate and/or undertake security risk management (SRM) for all locations where UNICEF personnel and eligible family members are present.
• Provide advice on technical security requirements contained in the UN Security Plan, SRM, Residential Security Measures (RSM) and other relevant security policies, guidelines and assessments and monitor their implementation. Ensure there is an effective and functioning communications system for security management within UNICEF that this is fully integrated into the UN Emergency Communications System. Provide technical oversight for contracted security providers.
• Ensure that UNICEF personnel are kept informed of matters affecting their security and the actions to take in the event of any emergency including those identified UNICEF/UN Security Plans. Coordinate with UNDSS to ensure all UNICEF personnel undertake all mandatory security training/briefings and participate in all security related contingency exercises. Issue such training as appropriate. As required- conduct security surveys of International personnel residences in accordance with the RSM.
• The FSA is required to collate information, provide specific analysis, advice and support to programme planning and activity implementation. Conduct activities to fully understand the issues that have an impact on the delivery of UNICEF activities and programmes particularly in areas deemed security compromised. The incumbent will work very closely with the UNICEF programme and communication personnel in country to integrate all relevant analysis into the implementation plans for all country programmes and activities.
• Provide analysis in order to understand regional level dynamics, particularly when addressing issues of terrorism, inter-tribal conflict and population movements. To address environmental issues and all other anthropological factors (including socio-economic and political factors) that makes geographical areas difficult to access.
• Prepare, maintain and update UNICEF security documentation including contingency plans and provide the Representative/ CFSA /Head of Office, the next higher level of UNICEF security and the Office of the Security Coordinator (OSC) with mandatory reports in accordance with UNICEF security reporting guidelines. This includes the monitoring / reporting on security compliance, the submission of all Security Incident Reports (SIRs) and any sitreps, advisories as required/requested.
• Support the DO/SMT and UNDSS CSA/SA in fulfilling their responsibilities and accountabilities in accordance with the Security Policy Manual / Field Security Handbook. Actively participate in the Country Security Cell and any other security information sharing forum. Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in a discipline related to Risk Management, International Relations, Cultural Anthropology, Conflict Analysis, Intelligence Analysis, Diplomatic Studies, Conflict and Security or Counter Terrorism.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of strategic Level experience in global security analysis and/or security risk management. Demonstrated international security management experience and understanding of the United Nations Security Management System is highly desirable.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Working with People
• Drive for results
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Relating and Networking
• Applying Technical Expertise
• Leading and Supervising
• Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that this is a non-family duty station.
* Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
Advertised: 15 Aug 2019 Syria Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Aug 2019 11:55 PM Syria Daylight Time
Exclusif- Samuel Eto'o prend sa retraite internationale
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo
Villa à louer à Hédzranawoé non loin de la piscine Atlantide