Regional Educational Advising Coordinator (REAC)
The REAC provides professional leadership and support to the EducationUSA network of advising centers to foster international student mobility and advance the U.S. Government’s public diplomacy efforts in close consultation with U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA).
The REAC provides guidance and training to advisers and advising centers, supports U.S. higher education institutions in their international recruitment efforts, and, as an expert in international student mobility and higher education engagement between the U.S. and the assigned region, provides advice and recommendations on student mobility issues and related programming to ECA, U.S. Public Affairs Sections (PAS) with U.S. Missions overseas and other relevant stakeholders. He/she receives and implements policy guidance from ECA and PAS. The position would be based in Addis Ababa or another location in East Africa.
- Provides guidance to EducationUSA advisers throughout the region through site visits, consultations, workshops, and regular email and telephone communication. Travels extensively on behalf of the EducationUSA network and visits each country in the region every two years or more frequently as needed and pending available resources.
- Advances international student mobility in support of U.S. public diplomacy efforts in close cooperation with ECA by training advisers, promoting and collaborating with U.S. higher education institutions, and providing expert advice and recommendations on international student mobility and higher education engagement.
- Works closely with ECA to develop programs, procedures and guidance in support of EducationUSA advising in the region and throughout the global network.
- Designs and delivers trainings and workshops, in-person and virtually, tailored to maintain quality advising standards and to provide on-going professional development opportunities to continuously enhance the performance of individual advisers.
- Facilitates EducationUSA collaboration with the U.S. higher education community to increase student mobility, working with local external partners.
- Serves as a regional resource providing expert advice on international student recruitment and retention to U.S. higher education institutions and organizations; collects, interprets and reports on data related to student mobility, and contributes to the EducationUSA website, publications, online journals, and other outreach platforms.
- Provides advice and recommendations to assist ECA and PAS in the development of educational advising programs to achieve mission public diplomacy goals. Provides input to PAS and partner institutions hosting EducationUSA Advising Centers in developing the annual country strategic plan for advising.
- Provides timely updates and reports to ECA and IIE as appropriate and required. Responsible for complying with applicable service agreement and government sponsor requirements as well as following all organization policies and procedures.
- Develops and maximizes use of innovative tools and resources to enable the global EducationUSA network to reach larger and more diverse audiences.
- Engages with embassies’ regional English language officers (RELOs), information resource officers (IROs), and consular officers to strengthen priority program areas.
Job Requirements Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least eight years of related work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience working within the field of higher education, international education, international affairs, or a similar field, with preference for advisory and capacity-building experience.
- Experience working within or conducting work related to the region of hire and familiarity with the higher education systems for that region.
- Experience developing and/or delivering trainings.
- Experience with social media and digital outreach in a professional capacity strongly preferred.
- 2 years of management experience strongly preferred.
- International work experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the U.S. higher education system.
- Proven cross-cultural skills, particularly in the area of communications.
- Ability to work effectively with partners and stakeholders from various sectors: academic, professional, corporate, student, government, U.S. Embassy, NGO, media, etc.
- Strong analytical, information-gathering, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to manage program budgets, team members, and projects.
- Excellent skills in time management, problem-solving, leadership, marketing, planning, and negotiation.
- English language required; fluency in a local language preferred.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands: Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo