Deadline: 24 May 2020
The Blue Action Fund is pleased to announce a new open call for grant proposals focussing on ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) to climate change in the Western Indian Ocean. This is a new funding window which provides individual grants to selected NGOs for projects in developing countries that support coastal and marine EbA and sustainable livelihoods.
(Ad) Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? fundsforNGOs Premium has all these and more at one place! Learn more.
Blue Action Fund is looking forward to receiving proposals from NGOs for projects which are situated in Madagascar, Mozambique, South Africa and Tanzania and have the following objectives:
- Enhanced protection and management of coastal ecosystems like mangroves, sea grass, coral reefs and tidal marshes, which are particularly relevant for climate;
- Change adaptation, focussing on new Marine Protected Areas (MPAs), expansion of existing MPAs; or improving management effectiveness of MPAs;
- Rehabilitation of coastal ecosystems, which are particularly relevant for climate change adaptation;
- Enhanced livelihood conditions and food securit;
- Improved knowledge, expertise and capacity of relevant national agencies to use;
- Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) approaches for a climate-resilient coastal zone management.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Projects are expected to:
- Be in line with national and regional policies, including climate change policies and priorities, in particular national determined contributions, and national adaptation strategies;
- Make a significant and measurable contribution to ecosystem-based climate change adaptation;
- Target > 5,000 direct beneficiaries and > 1,000km² of protected area;
- Contribute to ensuring longer term funding for effective management of protected areas;
- Significantly contribute to the EbA-Result Matrix in Annex 1 of this document (substituting Annex 1 of the Grant Procedures Manual for this specific EbA Call);
- Report on all indicators listed in Annex 2;
- Ask for a contribution by Blue Action Fund of EUR 2-5 million;
- Be funded at least 25% by match funding from the grantees.
- Be completed within 3-5 years.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The current expectation is that Blue Action Fund will award grants with a total volume of around EUR 30 million.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called « Deadline Calendar. » This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Eligible applicants are NGOs or consortia of NGOs with proven experience in coastal and marine conservation and sustainable livelihood development in the area. Partners must have demonstrated the capacity to implement larger projects, and their reporting and financial management systems must be compliant with internationally recognised standards. The Fund encourages applications of consortia of NGOs that include local implementing partners;
- Blue Action Fund’s procedures require that all projects must receive the endorsement of the appropriate authority/authorised body of the country/ies in which the project is located. Applicants must also provide substantial co-funding for the project.
How to Apply
If you are interested in a Blue Action Fund grant, please send your concept note electronically in Word or PDF format [<3MB file size] electronically via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.blueactionfund.org/call-for-proposals-ecosystem-based-adaptation/