|Description de l’offreUser Growth Manager|
at Wave Senegal (View all jobs)
Our Mission :
The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account.
That’s for good reason — the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and most merchants only accept cash.
Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress.
Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always function, we’re creating financial infrastructure that « just works. »
In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent.
That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a User Acquisition Country Lead for our operations in Senegal who’s experienced in managing teams, executing on product sales’ strategy, resourceful and excited about rolling up their sleeves to work in the field.
You’ll be responsible for the daily operations of our field sale teams in Senegal as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
The job entails planning and executing user acquisition campaigns and maintaining desirable user activity rates.
In this role, you’ll:
– Manage sales teams who are responsible for growing Wave’s user base in Senegal.
– You will need to identify and find solutions to critical blockers for customer growth and maintaining active usage of our financial products.
– Build the roadmap for the distribution team in Senegal to achieve its quarterly key objectives:
– Work closely with Wave HQ’s agent team to align key objectives and operationalize strategies
– Take ownership of operations in rapidly scaling Wave’s field sales teams (in charge of customer acquisition) across Senegal with the processes and people needed
– Develop a field marketing program for customer acquisition, that gives existing and new staff the right skills and expertise to serve our users
– Coordinate and ensure diverse projects on the roadmap are on track by:
setting up clear responsibilities for the team and ensuring individuals have resources needed
providing day to day management and mentorship of team members
working closely with HR, Agent Management, and Media teams to align activities
– Help to develop Wave’s global strategy by sharing insights and learning from the team’s experience in Senegal.
– Lead by living Wave’s values, and ensure they’re deeply engrained within your team.
Key details :
– You’ll work from our office in Dakar with frequent travel or temporary relocation to field locations within Senegal.
– You must have work authorization in Senegal.
– This is a permanent position.
– Fluent in English – this role will interact regularly with non-French/non-Wolof speakers, and reporting will be done primarily in English.
– Speak and write both French and Wolof fluently.
– At least 3 years of relevant work experience specifically managing sales teams or user acquisition teams based in the field and conducting BTL activities
– At least 1 year’s experience designing strategies for user growth for a telecom, payment service provider, FMCG or financial institution
– At least 1 year’s experience managing large teams (+100 people)
– You might be a good fit if you
– Have planned and successfully managed customer acquisition strategies for mobile/financial products before.
– Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
– Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
– Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
– Enjoy owning projects – you’re autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
– Have built and led strong teams in achieving key results.
– Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
– Willing to go the distance to get something done.
– Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
– Think about culture and process from the users’ perspective.
– Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating excel and onboarding to new tools.
We have a Country Office in Senegal with about 300 people. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply :
If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role here, as well as responding to the questions below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate.
Wave is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.