Deadline: 9 December 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Chisinau has announced a call for proposals for the 2020 Large Grants Program of the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP).
The Ambassadors Fund was established by the U.S. Congress in 2000 to help countries preserve their cultural heritage and to demonstrate U.S. respect for different cultures around the world.
The AFCP Large Grants Program supports the preservation of major ancient archaeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, and major museum collections that are accessible to the public and protected by law in the host country. Appropriate project activities may include:
- Preventive conservation (addressing conditions that damage or threaten the site)
- Stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance [e.g., settling, collapse] of a site)
- Conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to a collection or sites)
- Consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of a site)
- Anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts)
- Restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of a site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings)
The minimum amount of an award is $200,000, and the maximum is $800,000.
Eligible Project Applicants
Eligible project applicants are reputable and accountable non-commercial entities that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage. This may include non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code.
How to Apply
- Proposals must be written in English
- Proposals must be submitted electronically via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://md.usembassy.gov/education-culture/local-programs/culture-programs/ambassadors-fund-cultural-preservation/