Deadline: 29 February 2020
The Habitats Trust Grant aims to support organisations and individuals working in the field in India to conserve natural habitats and indigenous species.
(Ad) Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? fundsforNGOs Premium has all these and more at one place! Learn more.
Working in a partnership model, the grants will facilitate field activities and provide partners an opportunity to leverage their support to make their work more sustainable.
The Habitats Trust is a coalition of passionate individuals coming together with the aim of securing key habitats and their indigenous species. The mission of the Trust is to create and conserve sustainable ecosystems through strategic partnerships and collaborations with all stakeholders at every level. They envision their natural habitats to be secured for future generations, and all species sharing planet in all fairness and harmony.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The objective of The Habitats Trust Grants is to recognize and support the heroes of conservation, organizations and individuals, who work tirelessly against insurmountable odds to protect and preserve India’s natural habitats and indigenous species of flora and fauna.
- The Habitats Trust Grants have the following specific objectives:
- To financially support innovative, sustainable and replicable projects, proposed by committed conservationists working to secure a future for India’s habitats and indigenous species, one in each category, every year.
- To identify the unsung heroes of conservation whose work has had a significant impact in the field, and publish a compendium capturing their work, so their efforts are recognized at a national and international level.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Habitats Trust is offering grants in the following four categories:
- Grants for Organizations:
- Strategic Partnership Grant (INR 25 lakhs): This flagship grant will primarily reach out to mid to large sized field work oriented organisations to create a two-way partnership for their common cause of conservation. This grant is directed towards the running costs of on-ground projects. The grant should enable the creation of a sustainable and replicable conservation model to address some of the key conservation issues in India.
- Lesser-known Habitats Grant (INR 20 lakhs): This first of its kind initiative aims to secure and regenerate the overlooked and unaddressed habitats of the country that are in urgent need of conservation attention. These lesser-known habitats are home to an array of biodiversity, and serve as important connections between key wildlife landscapes and as havens for dispersal populations from the “celebrity” parks. Through the lesser-known habitats grant, they hope to secure and bring into the limelight these vital habitats.
- Lesser-known Species Grant (INR 15 lakhs): In recent years, a great deal of attention has been given to the “glamour” species of the country such as tigers, leopards, elephants and rhinos. Unfortunately, several of their equally endangered species have not received the same level of conservation support. This unique grant aims to support conservationists working to secure a future for their lesser-known endangered species.
- Grants for Individuals:
- Conservation Hero Grant (INR 10 lakhs): Across the country there are grassroots conservationists working dedicatedly, with little to no support, to protect their biodiversity. The work they do in their individual capacity has a huge positive impact on conservation in the country. This grant aims to recognize these conservation heroes and provide them a platform to expand their activities and garner further support for their work.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called « Deadline Calendar. » This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit https://thehabitatstrust.org/