|Description||Desired start date: 06/01/2020|
Duration of the mission: Until September 30th, 2019
ABOUT THE MISSION…
The LEARN Consortium is a partnership between four (4) International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs). A two-year program funded by the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), it leverages the respective expertise from the four partners to deliver Health, Shelter and WASH services to Internally Displaced Persons in North East Syria (NES). The main activities being implemented are related to the rehabilitation and running of Primary Health Centers (PHCs), emergency WASH (water distribution and rehabilitation of water infrastructure) and distribution of essential kits (new arrivals, hygiene, shelter repairs). The program incorporates a Rapid Response Mechanism.
The four implementing partners implement throughout NES. The Consortium Management Unit (CMU) is the oversight structure for the program that aims to facilitate smooth coordination, oversee program delivery, lead donor communications, ensure compliance and manage risk. The CMU is led by the Chief of Party (Jordan) and Deputy Chief of Party, together with a team of Specialists.
ABOUT THE JOB
SI is looking for a MEAL Specialist to be embedded within the LEARN Consortium. The position will be based in Erbil.
Placed under the supervision of the LEARN Deputy Chief of Party within the Consortium Management Unit (CMU), this position will have strong functional links with the other LEARN Specialists (WASH, Shelter, Health, PSEA and Protection).
The jobholder could be led to manage a team comprised of one Deputy and three Officers (recruitment undergoing).
The MEAL Specialist designs the MEAL strategy and action plans for the consortium, in accordance with SI and partners’ operational frameworks, and makes sure it is disseminated, understood and implemented by the consortium staff. He/she:
– Manages the consortium’s MEAL staff
– Provides methodological support to all consortium teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues (quantitative and qualitative data collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, “do no harm” analysis, ToRs for internal and external evaluations, institutional knowledge building etc.) and provides trainings within his/her field of expertise;
– Makes sure his/her department is cross-cutting and well integrated with all departments (functional links) of the consortium specialist team, as well as with consortium partners;
– Contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of methods and techniques.
Specific stakes and challenges:
– Extremely fluid context in NES currently, leading the LEARN partners to adapt constantly their programming with limited visibility. Increased resort to remote management strategies, obviously impacting MEAL design.
– The CMU is a small unit but it is a matrix working environment – many vertical and horizontal links with partners, Prime/Recipient, various intra-consortium groups.
– The role requires an important degree, with the necessity to juggle between different organizational cultures, priorities and sectors of intervention.
Priorities for the first 2/3 months:
– Support the LEARN partners in the adaptation of their MEAL strategies to the current evolutions in NES.
– Supervise the recruitment of the LEARN MEAL team, and the case being lead its induction and training.
– Ensure that the objectives for the second year of the Consortium, as defined by the current jobholder, remain on track.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position: starting from 2860 euros gross per month (including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly per diem of 700 USD. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
[LIVING CONDITIONS : ]
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses in Erbil, which are spacious and comfortable. Living conditions in Erbil are very good and staff have access to a wide range of restaurants, cafes and bars. Most of occidental products (food, clothing…) are easily accessible.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
|Experience||0 à 3 ans|
|Fonctions||Gestion de projets/programmes, Autre|
|Secteurs d’activité||Eau et assainissement, Gestion crise / post-crise|
|Pays||Moyen Orient, Syrie, Irak|
|Postuler en ligne||https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=P1IFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NQ9&nPostingTargetID=46929|
|Date de fin de validité||31/01/2020|