Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2019 ($250,000 prize)
Deadline: October 6, 2019
Applications are open for the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2019. The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving.
Selected via an application process, the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
The winner will receive:
- USD $250,000 awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organization that is judged to best fit selection criteria.
- An all-inclusive round-trip to award ceremony in December for themselves and a guest.
- Networking and development opportunities to support their work.
- You must be 18-30 years old as of award ceremony in December 2019, and be able to travel to award ceremony to accept prize.
- For a period of three years, you must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org and social platforms.
- You must accept the terms and conditions.
- You must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize.
- You must not be an employee of Global Citizen or Cisco.
- You must not be any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
Judging is based on 5 equally-weighted criteria:
- IMPACT: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- VISION: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- CATALYST: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
Submissions will close on October 6 at 11:59pm EDT