Call for Applications: AU Commission African Youth Ambassadors for Peace (AYAP) 2019
Deadline: September 15, 2019
Applications are open for the AU Commission African Youth Ambassadors for Peace (AYAP) 2019. The Commission of the African Union, through its Youth for Peace (Y4P) Africa Program of the Peace and Security Department will appoint African Youth Ambassadors for Peace (AYAP), one from each of the five (5) regions of Africa.
This is in line with the decision of the Peace and Security Council (PSC) via the communiqué of its 807th meeting held on 8th November 2018 on Youth, Peace and Security. The Council requested the AU Commission to appoint the AYAP to work with the AU Youth Envoy in championing the promotion of peace and security across the continent. It is within this context, that the PSD is launching the call for application to eligible African youth.
The AYAP, working under the direct supervision of the leadership of the Peace and Security Department of the AUC shall champion the promotion and advocacy of youth participation in peace and security issues at the regional level and across Africa. Specifically, the AYAP will promote the actualization of the five priorities of the Continental Framework on Youth, Peace and Security, which are guided by Article 17 of the AU Youth Charter (2006) and the United Nations Security Council Resolution Council (UNSCR) 2250 (2015)
Open to an African Youth with demonstrated commitment and significant contribution to the promotion of sustainable peace and security. Applications from eligible youth including young women, displaced persons and persons with disabilities who meet the following criteria are particularly encouraged:
- Be between the ages of 15 to 35 in tandem with the AU Youth age;
- Possess university degree in international relations, peace and conflict, political science, law and related areas; a master’s degree would be an added advantage; or
- Have at least 2 years experience in peace and security with demonstrated ability for advocacy on youth, peace and security issues as well as resource mobilization;
- Have experience in promoting and supporting peace processes especially in initiating and facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues and mediation efforts;
- Have a strong track record with the local community/area where he/she works;
- Possess strong communication and advocacy skills;
- English, French, Arabic, Portuguese are the working languages of the AU. Fluency in any AU working language is required; knowledge of another AU language would be an asset.
Apply in your preferred language:
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo