USAID-Armenia: Rural Economic Development – New Economic Opportunities Program
Deadline: 1 October 2018
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Armenia is seeking applications for a co-operative agreement from qualified entities to implement “Armenia Rural Economic Development – New Economic Opportunities (RED-NEO)” program.
The overall goal of this 60-month activity is to promote economic security in targeted areas through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
- Improve SMEs/coops/firms/farms development and growth
- Facilitate market linkages between producers and buyers
- Promote local economic development by establishing networks
- Rural Incomes through Agricultural and Other Production Increased and Diversified: This objective of this component is to assist rural small businesses to identify value-added opportunities and translate them into sustainable economic activities.
- Anticipated Program Component 2: Farmers and Products Linked to Sustainable Markets: The objective of this component is to connect farmers to identified markets (local and export) for the targeted products via processors, traders, exporters or farmers’ organizations in structures and ways that are appropriate, effective and sustainable, which provide opportunities to increase their sales and incomes.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $4,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $4,000,000
- Award Floor: $2,500,000
- Eligibility for this NOFO is restricted to local Armenian organizations.
- Only local Armenian organizations as defined below are eligible for award. USAID defines a “local entity” as an individual, a corporation, a nonprofit organization, or another body of persons that:
- Is legally organized under the laws of Republic of Armenia.
- Has as its principal place of business or operations in Armenia.
- Is majority owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of the Republic of Armenia.
- Is managed by a governing body the majority of who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of the country receiving assistance.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial
assistance from USAID.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Armenia
For further information, please visit Grants.gov.