UNICEF recruits Photographers
Job no: 523834
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Communication / External Relations, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Voice
To provide high quality photographs, stories and a short video for UNICEF Ethiopia
How can you make a difference?
- The consultant will take high-resolution photos and write captions for different events, visits, and occasions.
- Document programme interventions in all regions of the country and produce photos in line with Human Interest Stories as per the UNICEF guideline for photography.
- Develop photo stories for uploading on new ECO website with stories
- Produce short videos for digital media purpose using still photos and video footage from field visit.
- Produce videos for internal communication purposes that could consist of messages from Representative and internal advocacy videos.
- Write stories of different children in Ethiopia
- Provide training for staff
- The consultant will use his/her own camera, laptop and internet access.
- At the end of the assignment the consultant will submit the final products in pre-defined formats and if required will send by ftp with captions
- Photographers are expected to submit photos and stories within the requested deadline for each assignment and within 3 working days after return of regular field assignments. In some exception, photos might be expected on the same day.
- The consultant will report to the Communication Specialist, CAP Section.
- Briefing on the first day of each assignment and debriefing will take place after every mission.
- Photos should contain photo credit and full captions (as per attached guideline) and should be able to be used by UNICEF free of rights.
- Photographers must deliver signed consent forms upon return from an assignment.
- The photos should have a pre-set tag in the metadata
- A selection of the photos and captions should be provided to the Communication specialist / UNICEF HQ / donor or partner at the same time when it comes to UNICEF specific supported assignments.
- The full set RAW and selected Jpeg should be provided not later than 3 working days after the assignment and earlier when it concerns specific assignments.
- The best set of selected and captioned jpeg photos for WeShare and Flickr
- Materials provided in formats that are applicable to UNICEF platforms, broadcasters, online news and social media outlets. Personal pitching contact opportunities welcomed.
- transmit video as required as per specifications of format, platform, shot-listing, etc
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University Diploma in Photography, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, International Studies, Social Sciences or equivalent professional work experience, combined with a certificate in a related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 [Three] years of relevant professional experience in the field of photography is required. UN/UNICEF experience will be an additional advantage.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- An accreditation from the government to travel and work within Ethiopia.
- Proven knowledge and experience in using photography for development messaging.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Communication, networking and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of UNICEF programmes in Ethiopia is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Ethiopian culture and customs is highly desirable
- Knowledge of FTP is required.
- High ethical standards and understanding of sensitivities relating to child-related issues and working in a politically sensitive environment.
- Strong understanding of UNICEF programmes and policy, including knowledge of UNICEF guiding principles for media and branding requirements
- Strong commitment to advancing the rights or women and children
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 12 Jul 2019 E. Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Jul 2019 11:55 PM E. Africa Standard Time
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo