Leading South Africa Award to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, The Netherlands
Deadline: July 23, 2018
The One Young World South African Local Organising Committee (LOC) invites applications for the Leading South Africa Award, offering young South African leaders the opportunity to participate in One Young World Summit 2018, The Hague. The finalists will present at an event in Johannesburg in July to an audience and judging panel who will announce the winners (date to be confirmed).
Successful candidates will be current residents of South Africa, aged 18 to 30, and demonstrate commitment to creating positive change in a rural or disadvantaged community in South Africa. The focus will be on innovative solutions to human rights challenges, basic services, access to education and employment opportunities, or addressing corruption. This commitment can come in many forms, ranging from community initiatives to social entrepreneurship to public service.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 October and 20 October.
- Catering which includes breakfast on 18, 19, 20, 21 October, lunch on 18, 19, 20 October and dinner on 17, 18, 19 and 20 October.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue and airport transfers.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- Sponsored return flights to and from The Hague or Amsterdam.
- Aged 18 – 30.
- A current resident of South Africa, with a plan to remain for the foreseeable future. You will be asked for proof and references – please do not apply if you are studying or living abroad!
- A first time applicant (not a One Young World Ambassador already).
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to creating positive change in a rural or disadvantaged community in South Africa. Specific areas of impact should include human rights, basic services, access to education and employment opportunities, or addressing corruption. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Concern for local and related global issues.
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
- Demonstrated teamwork.
- Be able to highlight why youth are so critical for the future of South Africa and Africa.
INTEGRE CES GROUPES D'EMPLOI SUR FACEBOOK EN RAPPORT AVEC VOTRE PAYS