Diageo Guinness Cameroon S.A Recrute
Avis de recrutement chez Diageo – Guinness Cameroon S.A
Intitulé de l’offre :
Procurement portfolio Manager – raw and packaging materials
Head of Procurement, Guinness Cameroon S. A. (GCSA)
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Guinness, Harp, Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan and Malta Guinness.
Africa represents Diageo’s largest group of emerging markets in terms of net sales and employs over 5,300 people (one in four of Diageo’s total workforce worldwide) in its businesses in Africa and many more indirectly through the production, distribution and promotion of its brands. Today, while Guinness remains at the heart of our business, being brewed in over 20 countries and exported to many others, our range of brands and geographic reach has expanded and our supply presence has grown to support it.
Guinness Cameroon SA is a leading drinks company in Cameroon, holding circa 16% market share of the drinks market. It operates from one site in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. Growth in the Cameroon economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Diageo Global Procurement is accountable for the Procurement of Supply, Marketing and Indirect goods and services with a total global spend of circa £5bn. Our aim is to be renowned as an exceptionally agile, value driven function which works as fully integrated business partners regularly beating our own high expectations and those of our stakeholders. Procurement will boldly drive improved operating margin and competitive advantage by leading cost-consciousness and best-in-class procurement through a high performing organisation. We will enable brand growth and best use of our A&P resources by leveraging supplier capabilities and external innovation. We are committed to Assure, Protect and Create Value for Diageo.
Diageo Global Procurement has implemented a new global model, operating as One Procurement Community (OPC), with a series of defined Global and Market decision rights. The Market Procurement teams will focus on brilliant execution of the Global led strategies developed by the Global Procurement teams, as well as leading the sourcing for categories defined as local sourced.
This role holder will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of imported raw materials and Packaging materials (imported and local), by consistently applying the Diageo Way of Category Management and identifying value improvement initiatives to deliver the financial plan.
GCSA Procurement manages approx. £70m of external spend with approx. 400 suppliers across the Supply, Demand and Indirects Management portfolios and is a significant contributor of value to GCSA, targeted to deliver year on year cost reductions of between 3-5%.
There is significant complexity within the supply base due to
- the many different types of suppliers ranging from multi nationals to subsistence farmers
- the many different locations worldwide of these suppliers
- the myriad of goods and services they provide us with (from bottles and labels to advertising space, catering services and protocols management)
Cameroon itself is an exciting market to work in due in to its stable economy and business dynamics. However there are a number of challenges including:
- Strategic Category management and innovative procurement techniques in general are not widely known due to an immature, but rapidly developing supply base
- reliance on imports which makes cost management a challenge
- Infrastructure of the country is still developing and in many cases the supply base is non optimal due to excessive fragmentation
Diageo Global Procurement is a truly global team. The role holder will be required to work closely with colleagues from countries all around the world and with stakeholders at all levels within the market. The ability to build strong relationships and influence remotely and inter culturally is key to success in this role.
- Be yourself, stand up for what you feel is right and important
- Build great relationships with those you work with, both internally and externally
- Be honest and open at all times; demonstrate high integrity
Find Solutions/Create Possibilities
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities
- Generate ideas and move them to action
- Be imaginative in finding solutions to issues and pursuing opportunities for the business
Connect to Diageo Purpose
- Show pride in Diageo; act as a positive representative of the company and our reputation
- Be an ambassador for Diageo externally
Consistently deliver great performance
- Be clear about your own performance commitments ensure they are linked to business goals, identify clear priorities and focus on them at all times
- Demonstrate deep personal accountability for great performance
- Demonstrate brilliant execution be thorough and apply high standards in everything you do
- Understand the controls and governance required in your area, work within these and always speak up if they are not met
- Develop and apply self-awareness, get to know your own strengths and development needs
- Commit to grow your own capability and experience to the benefit of yourself, our people and Diageo
Responsible for promoting the most effective and efficient use of company’s funds through procurement of the right quality goods and services, at the right price, on time and in full.
Responsible for embedding E-procurement in Guinness Cameroun SA.
Purpose of Role
To deliver maximum benefit for GCSA within raw materials and Packaging materials category of spend, through design and implementation of innovative and forward thinking category strategies, whilst maintaining rigorous standards of risk management, ethics and compliance to all key Diageo policies at all times
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Own the Strategic Management of all imported raw materials and Packaging materials categories, managing them to deliver maximum business alignment, value and quality for GCSA
- Provide in depth and up to date market and business research, analysis and understanding as inputs into the development of Category Strategies, both globally and locally led.
- Lead the development and implementation of world class strategies for raw materials and Packaging materials categories.
- Align Global strategies with local market needs and translate into local implementation plans signed off by key local stakeholders
- Own and drive delivery of the strategies within the markets through implementation of key projects, whether sourcing, supplier on boarding etc.
- Develop local supply base to help minimize reliance on imported packaging materials and improve quality of local deliveries.
Accountable for carrying out all GCSA sourcing activities within raw materials ( imported) and Packaging materials (imported and local) categories ensuring they remain in line with the strategy and policy, and are compliant at all times
- Plan & deliver all sourcing activities required for the financial year ensuring all sourcing events are fully aligned with the Diageo Category Management process.
- Identify areas of spend within Supply which can be managed more efficiently and manage projects to implement changes
- Ensure robust contracts are implemented in line with the Procurement Policy and that contracts include stretching KPI’s.
- ensure KPI’s are collected in an appropriate manner and that performance management of suppliers is appropriate and driving value.
- Where preferred suppliers don’t exist, obtain quotes and identify suppliers on a by request basis, always staying compliant to the local Procurement Policy
Exceed delivery of Procurement performance targets for your categories
- Own and manage the financials of the categories to ensure ongoing identification of savings opportunities and delivery of savings targets
- Carry out robust reporting of savings delivery on time in full and in alignment with Supply and Finance functions every month
- Using robust logic, market knowledge and information from Global Procurement team, provide information for the Budgeting Process and be responsible for identifying projects that will deliver a minimum of 3.5% value improvement on a year on year basis
- Work closely with key Finance stakeholders to ensure Procurement recommended prices are used for the setting of budgets and plans
Protect our brands and business through effective management of risk, compliance, sustainability and governance
- Ensure that all of the category management and sourcing controls are strictly adhered to at all times and that accurate, organized and up to date records are maintained
- Ensure all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Management System related to my operation are implemented, monitored, adhered to and ensure corrective actions are taken when necessary .
- Ensure that wherever possible, sourcing is, as a minimum, in line with Diageo’s environmental and sustainability approaches. Where possible, develop cutting edge solutions to drive sustainability throughout our business.
Build and maintain strong and influential relationships with colleagues in the Global Procurement team, key Stakeholders and suppliers
- Engage with all key stakeholders across Supply and Finance functions to ensure compliance to category management and sourcing policy and processes
- Ensure that key stakeholders input into, are aligned with and sign off all strategies
Qualifications and Experience Required
University Degree in financial, quantitative or commercially biased-discipline, with proven relevant 5+ years post-qualification experience, including functional financial performance management within a forward thinking, fast paced and value-adding blue-chip FMCG environment.
Professional Procurement qualification desirable (CIPS/SPSM/MBA) and capable of rapidly developing full understanding of world-class Procurement systems and practices, including all Diageo category management processes and associated tools.
Strong commercial acumen, with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with ability to readily engage and influence a range of colleagues and senior stakeholders.
Analytical, numerate, enthusiastic, tenacious. Sound financial-fundamentalsawareness and the ability to contribute to the wider business process outside immediate functional responsibilities.
Excellent attention to detail, and ability to prepare clear and professional presentations or reports for utilisation at senior levels within Guinness, Diageo and our supply base.
Able to deal with ambiguity, and manage multiple relationships in a matrix environment, with an ability to take criticism and learn from feedback.
Strong lT skills base, including mastery in Excel and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint.
Ability to anticipate and plan effectively, monitoring and measuring progress in a timely fashion.
Inter-cultural sensitivity and ability to ‘flex’ approach to meet the needs of a diverse community.
Previous experience of working within or closely with an FMCG Procurement Function (prior SAP experience an advantage) for an extended period.
Proven track record of delivery in challenging & complex business environments.
Strong communication skills evident in the ability to work in a team environment and build great relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and end users.
Full understanding of Cameroon Import/Export constraints, duties and taxation.
Previous experience of working in developing economies would be an advantage.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of knowledge of and ability to use electronic analysis tools and techniques
- Ineffective communication skills and/or inability to present output clearly and cogently
- Inability to challenge the status quo and/or influence peers & senior stakeholders
- Inability to think strategically, lack of general commercial awareness
- Lack of initiative and/or personal mental resilience in challenging working environments
- Unable to self-motivate and effectively manage / prioritise own workload
- Unable to forge the strong working relationships needed inside and outside the team
- Weak IT skill base esp. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Flexible Working options
The role will be based in Douala with potential requirements for national, regional-hub and international travel.
- GCSA Procurement team colleagues
- Diageo Global Procurement team colleagues
- GCSA Stakeholders in all functions of the business (mostly Supply, Finance and Legal)
- Good knowledge of Procurement processes and systems including Contract development, SAP and e-Auctions
- Able to understand strategic thinking and break it down into practical and deliverable projects
- Critical thinker who can deliver solutions and drive improvement by measuring, managing and reporting on the assigned categories and suppliers. Focused on execution and results
- Bilingual (French & English) and excellent general communication skills
- Ability to engage and influence a whole range of stakeholders
- Computer literate
- Motivated and a self-starter with an ability to multi-task and function in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Type d’employé :
Site primaire :
Autres sites :
Date de début d’emploi :