Deadline: 29 November 2019
The Public Affairs Section of U.S. Embassy Bridgetown has announced an open competition for the 2020 Small Grants Competition of the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP).
The AFCP 2020 Small Grants Competition supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects and collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression. Appropriate project activities may include:
- Cultural sites: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes
- Cultural objects and collections: conservation needs assessments and treatment, inventory of a collection for conservation purposes, the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections, or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections
- Traditional cultural expression: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music, indigenous languages and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
- Floor on Amount of Individual Awards: US $10,000 per project
- Ceiling on Amount of Individual Awards: US $200,000 per project
Eligible Project Applicants
Eligible project applicants are defined as reputable and accountable non-commercial entities that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage. This may include nongovernmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code.
How to Apply
Applicants must submitted their applications at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, United States
Fro more information, please visit https://bb.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/247/Notice-of-Funding-Opportunity-AFCP-2020-Small-Grants.pdf