ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
GENERAL POSITION OBJECTIVES
The Country Director (CD) is the maximum responsible of Action Against Hunger in the mission. In coordination with the desk officer, he/she will ensure the correct management of resources in order to achieve the strategic objectives.
He/she will ensure the following of the regional and national strategy, maintaining quality and relevance of the carried-out actions, always under the organization’s mandate.
The CD, through his/her leadership, will motivate the team, anticipating and managing possible conflicts. He/she will encourage innovative focus and will supervise the coordination team. Likewise, he/she will be defining the training strategy and professional development of his/her team, above all off the national one.
Objective 1: Mission strategy definition and follow up
· Define and execute, in coordination with the Coordination team and the geographical desk, the intervention strategy of Action Against Hunger in the Country, in line with our mandate
· Define and implement the mission annual work plan, being responsible for its achievement
· Ensure the follow-up of the mission’s context, centralize the information and propose adjustments for the achievement of objectives (in coordination with GGM Mission and HQ)
Objective 2: Emergency Response
· Ensure the regular up-date and follow-up of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan
· Actively follow the alerts in the country and constantly inform the Desk about them.
· Ensure the availability of resources to respond to emergencies and organize the team in order to guarantee the rapid deployment and response of Action Against Hunger.
Objective 3: Security Management
· As the ultimate responsible for security in the country where he/she will be deployed, the Country Director will lead the mission security management in order to facilitate the Teams of the organization to access population and intervention areas in the safest way possible.
Objetive 4: Fundraising
· Define a fundraising strategy and direct the resources for the implementation of the Mission strategy.
Objective 5: Advocacy & External Relations
· Develop and strengthen the relation with stakeholders (NGOs, Donors, partners, Institutes and local authorities), through enhanced advocacy and coordination, maintaining high visibility of Action Against Hunger.
Objective 6: Administration and Logistics
· The Country Director is overall responsible for the Annual mission objectives (volume, margin and Z1). He/she must ensure that these objectives are achieved in respect to the best standards of financial management and compliance with procedures.
Objective 7: Team Coordination
· Work alongside with the HR Manager on the mission’s HR management, compliance with HR policies, national labor laws, mission’s internal rules and regulations, and international codes of conduct.
· Knowledge in International Cooperation/Development (desirable)
· Knowledge of key donors of the sector.
· Strong networking and representational skills
· Emergency Response coordination
· Strategic and operational planning
· Team management and leadership
· Knowledge of Action Against Hunger technical areas of work (WASH, FSL, Nut, DRR): desirable
· Security management in sensitive contexts
· Experience in Project Cycle Management
· Minimum 5 years in International NGO management/coordination (Country Director level)
· Experience in the West Africa or with Action Against Hunger network
· Experience in identification, negotiation and management of development and emergency response projects.
· Command of issues related to the humanitarian system and International cooperation.
· English – Fluent
· Arabic – desirable
· Windows domain (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Mobility: Both national and international as required
· Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
· Formal work contract: Indefinite (minimum compromise of 2 years)
· Base: Khartoum (SUDAN)
· Compensation packaged: from 32.832,0 € to 41.232,0 € gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience y context. This salary includes a base salary + context plus (*)
(*) in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange)
· Living expenses and per Diem will be provided once the expatriation is on the field.
· Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
· Travel costs to and from the mission.
· Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
· Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
· Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
· 25 working days of paid leave per year.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.