Deadline: 5 December 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Cameroon has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out an individual project to preserve cultural heritage in Cameroon, in the framework of the Ambassador’s Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP).
The AFCP 2020 Small Grants Competition supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects and collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression.
Appropriate project activities may include:
- In the case of cultural sites: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes.
- In the case of cultural objects and collections: conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects from a museum, site, or similar institution—that include, but are not limited to, archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs; needs assessment of a collection with respect to its condition and strategies for improving its state of conservation; inventory of a collection for conservation and protection purposes; the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections.
- In the case of forms of traditional cultural expression: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music, indigenous languages and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
Awards may range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $200,000.
All regions of Cameroon are given equal consideration; no region is prioritized over another.
- Eligible Applicants:
- Foreign Institutions of Higher Education
- Foreign Organizations
- Foreign Public Entities
- U.S. Non-Profit Organizations (501(c)(3))
- U.S. Institutions of Higher Education
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://cm.usembassy.gov/education-culture/2020-cameroon-afcp-nofo/