HI recruits 01 Ammunition Management Training Consultant
Détail de l’annonce 000-000-URH-5079
Ammunition Management Training Consultant
Pays : Bénin
Ville : Benin (1,5 month) and home based (1,5 month)
Date de prise du poste : 16/09/2019
Durée de la mission : 3 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 15/08/2019
Référence de l’annonce : 000-000-URH-5079
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in 63 countries; for further information about the association: www.hi.org
JOB CONTEXT :
Capacity building for ammunition depot and stockpile management is more than an emergency in Africa. Between 1998 and 2018, of the 449 accidental explosions on national ammunition recorded in the world, 62 occurred in Africa: 1 in South Africa; 1 in Angola; 1 in Burkina Faso; 1 in Cameroon; 5 in the Congo; 3 in Ivory Coast; 9 in the DRC; 1 in Egypt; 2 in Guinea; 2 in Guinea-Bissau; 1 to Kenyan; 7 in Libya; 1 in Mauritania, 8 in Mozambique; 3 in Nigeria; 1 in Sierra Leone, 1 in Somalia; 4 in South Sudan; 7 in Sudan, 1 in Tanzania; 1 in Chad. These incidents resulted in a total of 2,447 deaths, 10,258 injuries and thousands of striken, mostly civilians.
The emergence of new internal security threats is increasing the need to strengthen the capacity of African countries to manage and secure ammunition in order to prevent their proliferation and misuse, which threatens the security of the civilian populations they are supposed to protect.
In this context, the CPADD has been identified by African States, already using its training capacities, as specialized African ammunition specialists training centre, that enhances knowledge and skills in weapons and ammunition management, in accordance with international standards and best practices.
With the financial support of the Crisis and Support Center (CDCS) of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs of France Republic, and the technical support of HI, the CPADD has developed training modules of Ammunition Site Management and Ammunition Sites Inspection, with the main objective of strengthening the skills of African States in the management and monitoring of ammunition depots. After delivering successfully these trainings for African French speaking specialists, HI and CPADD are seeking an Ammunition Management Training Consultant to develop and deliver Ammunition Management Trainings in English.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Under the direct supervision of HI’s AVR Regional Technical Coordinator, you will be the primary operational and technical focal point for the development and the delivering of ammunition management trainings to CPADD and its clients.
Your main responsibilities are to:
• Revise an enhance Training Management Plans (TMP) for both Ammunition Site Manager Training (ASMT) and Ammunition Site Inspection Training (ASIT)
• Develop ASMT and ASIT courses as specified by updated and validated TMPs
• Deliver ASMT and ASIT Training of Trainers (ToTs) for CPADD’s Intructors
• Evaluate CPADD’s capacities to deliver ASMT and ASIT
• Contribute to the selection of trainees
• Lead and support the ASIT delivers for Senior African Ammunition Manager Specialists
• Submit a technical report of all your activities
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a high school diploma with minimum 10 years of military experience (or relevant police experience) at the senior NCO (non-commissioned officer) or officer level (or equivalent)
• An Ammunition Technical Officer certificate (or equivalent) is required
• You have a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience is defined as work experience in the area of ammunition sites management at Senior Level
• You master working with relevant international standards, such as IATG and IMAS
• Previous experience in project management is desired as well as a professional experience within an INGO
• Experience related to disarmament, security sector reform, mine action, or small arms and light weapons will be an asset
• You are fluent in English (both written and spoken) and basic knowledge of French will be an asset
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Anglais : Courant
Français : Notions
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
• Type of contract: Consultancy
• Fees: from 4 000 euros per month depending on experience
• Flight ticket (start and end of mission)
• Accommodation: Provided by HI in Benin
• Insurance: HI will insure you individually at the appropriate level of coverage for « mine risk » as specified in the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) and in case of repatriation.