The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Research Assistant in Seed Production who will be
based at the M’bé station in Côte d’Ivoire. He/she will work under the supervision of AfricaRice Seed Unit Coordinator.
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African research organization committed to improving livelihoods in
Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR Research Center. It is also an
intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, headquartered in Côte d’Ivoire.
Under the supervision of AfricaRice Seed Unit Coordinator, the Research Assistant will ensure the provision of quality
rice seeds through the effective implementation and monitoring of activities relating to seed production, treatment and
Under the supervision of the Seed Unit Coordinator, the Research Assistant will conduct activities which specific tasks
that include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the design and implementation of the seed multiplication program
• Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of trials to develop complementary technologies for
improved varieties including AfricaRice hybrid varieties
• Purification of improved lines to produce breeder seeds
• Collection, management and analysis of trials’ data
• Drafting quality reports on all program activities
• Maintain complementary technology databases for improved varieties
• Assist in strengthening the CNRA through an effective training and capacity building program
• Support the scientist in the management and supervision of research support staff
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the scientist
• Actively participate in the risk management actions of the Center.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: To hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Seed Production with a specialization in Agronomy..
Work Experience and key Competencies Required
• At least two years of relevant experience in rice farming or seed production.
• Hands on mentality
Terms and Conditions
• This is a regional recruitment.
• AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender‐sensitive working
• The initial appointment is for two (02) years with the possibility for renewal based on performance and availability
How to apply
• Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during
your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its final completion: Please
kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through this email : [email protected] ).
Applications are not allowed through this email.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please click on the following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php and follow the
1. Create an account if you are a new user, if not log in with your credentials to access your account
2. Register with your personal details
3. Select “Research Assistant in Seed Production”
4. Follow the application procedures step by step.
Not later than May 17, 2021
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We thank all
candidates but only short listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about AfricaRice, please visit our
website at: www.AfricaRice.org