Save the Children International hiring Programme Coordinator HEA.
Implemented in the Sahel region since 2010, the Household Economy Analysis (HEA) regional is entering its IX Phase of implementation. For the coming years, the HEA technical unit is covering two programmes funded by OFDA and EU. There will be implemented in Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Niger, Mauritania, Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia and Senegal. The HEA activities will mainly focus on fostering the HEA institutionalization including the integration of the HEA analysis into the national Early Warning Systems (EWS), strong technical capacity building for EWS and civil society organisation staffs at different level and implementing news innovation to strongly reinforce quality and reliable analysis quality as well as to strengthen appropriate stakeholders’ responses.
The position of HEA Technical coordinator is critical in ensuring the implantation of the project funded by OFDA and the thematic quality of the HEA activities amongst the partners of the consortium led by Save the Children and its newly created Integrated Technical unit. This position will play a critical role in supporting the delivery of high-quality HEA activities including capacity-building and technical backstopping in West and Central Africa, promoting the HEA among external technical stakeholders and strongly contributing to innovative development of the HEA applications.
This person will report to the Regional program manager and will work in synergy with the Pro-Act Sahel Coordinator and the two Senior Roving HEA Technical coordinator. This position requests excellent technical skills in HEA to support the partners and the regional Programme Management as well as good coordination and team spirit. This role will also contribute to key workstreams such as planning, coordination and reporting of HEA activities. The HEA Programme coordinator is the person who will lead the development of news HEA initiatives under the Integrated Technical unit and others relevant topic. This role will work closely and receive additional technical support from the Regional FSL Advisor.
- Master level in Economy, statistics, development studies, project management, mathematics
Experience And Skills
- Trained and demonstrate a regular use of the Household Economy Analysis
- Minimum of 7 years of experience on technical support on HEA and similar experience
- High level of knowledge within the context of work in the Sahel, for food security and livelihoods issues; including knowledge of relevant Early Warning Systems and other food security, livelihoods and resilience institutions
- Excellent training and capacity building skills, particularly for country and regional partners;
- Proven conceptual skills and an ability to think and plan strategically
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven advocacy skills
- Good level in English and French
- Ability to travel at short notice, occasionally to remote and insecure locations
- Familiarity in working with FEG and other consultants for HEA;
Contract length: 01 year/ National
Work location: Dakar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2021 – 23:59 GMT
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://senegal.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=58708