OIM recruits 01 Information Technology Officer
Position Title : Information Technology Officer
Duty Station : Beira, Mozambique
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 July 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Bahamas; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; El Salvador; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Lesotho; Libya; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer in Maputo, and in close coordination with the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Division Central Teams (Geneva/Manila/Panama), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the Information Technology component of all IOM operations in the Country Office (CO). Specifically, s/he will administer, supervise and prioritize ICT technical support of IOM operations in Beira, Maputo and other sub-offices as needed. S/he will participate in the IOM ICT infrastructure evolution and ensure timely responses to all business requirements in support of IOM operations in Mozambique.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and coordinate the activities of the ICT unit in Mozambique, ensuring that all requests are addressed timely and accurately with efficient allocation of resources. Assist in budgeting and allocating ICT resources for the CO.
2. Schedule and implement systems upgrades and ICT infrastructure updates in close coordination with the ICT Division Central Teams (Geneva/Manila/Panama). Install systems, network components, and software. Suggest solutions to local technical constraints.
3. Secure the implementation of IOM ICT Policies and Standards, with regards to implementation of network systems, ICT security, software licensing, telecoms, and ICT procurement. Bring issues of non-compliance to the immediate attention of the supervisor.
4. Monitor daily country office-critical corporate applications performance such as MiMOSA, PRISM and ensure the optimal performance of CO connectivity to the IOM Wide Area Network (WAN), Intranet and Cloud services (Office 365, SharePoint Online, etc.). Liaise effectively with technical counterparts for the proper functioning and availability of those systems.
5. Ensure the required performance and continuous availability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN, messaging, Internet and VSATs connectivity, VPN, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
6. Ensure daily monitoring and adequate completion of servers and CO data backups.
7. Develop and implement, when necessary, ICT training to all end users to ensure productive use of IT and telecommunications resources.
8. Provide remote technical support to all IOM Mozambique Offices, conduct on-site visits when necessary and request on-site support from the ICT Division Central Teams as required, for large projects or significant infrastructure upgrades.
9. Maintain the office’s ICT inventory for hardware and software (safeguarding media and licenses), including regular updates to the technical documentation of ICT and telephony networks.
10. Liaise with ICT service providers and vendors for the adequate provision of supplies and services, ensuring cost-efficiency and the highest service delivery standards.
11. Advise CO management as necessary, for the required improvements on mission ICT infrastructure and provision of services as required for the efficient functioning of CO operations.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in managing a medium to large scale systems/networking environment with at least five years of experience providing Tier-1 or Tier-2 level of end-user support;
• Some experience in the design/implementation/administration of a multi-site implementation of Exchange 2003/2010/2016;
• Knowledge of Exchange 2003/2010/2016 Server design/implementation a plus; Experience configuring/implementing/administering Windows 2000, Window 2003, Windows 2008 and Active Directory Servers and services; knowledge of anti-virus/content filtering software deployment/support;
• Ability to provide end-user support to messaging clients;
• Knowledgeable on VHF/UHF radios, VHF mobile/base station, HF mobile/base station and Panasonic IP/PABX system a big plus;
• Knowledge of Cisco Products (Routers, PIX Firewall, ASA Firewall, VPN, etc.);
• Must possess an in-depth understanding of the capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010 with a thorough knowledge of architectural design, web parts development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting enterprise SharePoint implementations;
• MCTS SharePoint 2010 with experience in managing information management a distinct advantage;
• Valid IT Certifications (such as MCSA/MCSE, Cloud-computing, Cyber-Security, ITIL or PRINCE2) would be a competitive advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Portuguese, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. • Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 July 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.