Halcyon Incubator Opportunity Intensive Fellowship 2021 for Entrepreneurs in the U.S.
Deadline: February 11, 2021
Application is open for the Halcyon Incubator Opportunity Intensive Fellowship 2021. The Halcyon Incubator program equips early-stage social entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures. They do this by providing you with three things: space, community, and access.
Halcyon Incubator has supported over 100 social entrepreneurs with their unique residential model. They launched the Halcyon intensives to tailor their programs for specific groups of entrepreneurs to build key skills and make crucial connections and support.
This intensive is designed for entrepreneurs whose businesses operate in or primarily serve Opportunity Zones in the DMV region. Business leaders in Opportunity Zones are uniquely positioned to impact their communities through economic growth. This intensive program will equip them to acquire new customers, increase revenue, and create jobs.
Selected participants will be provided with:
Space – The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. They give you physical and mental space, so you can focus more of your energy on your venture and achieving your full potential. Halcyon provides for your basic and psychological Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Please note all programming is currently remote due to COVID-19.
- One week of free housing at the historic Halcyon House from June 21-28, 2021 and additional housing for another week of programming during the winter.
- One day each month, typically the 3rd Friday of each month in 2021, full of programming support and advisor office hours for you to continue growing your venture.
- Work and meeting spaces including formal board rooms.
- Additional meeting spaces, performance spaces, and free parking at Halcyon Arts Lab.
Community – Your journey as an entrepreneur is long and winding. You will experience many ups and downs, and they understand that you will need lots of support along the way. The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around you through their community of entrepreneurs and a robust network of world-class mentors and advisors. These mentors and advisors are seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors
- Entrepreneurs live and work alongside a diverse cohort of entrepreneurs who quickly become consultants, confidants, and close friends.
- Opportunities for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks with Fellows and Halcyon’s broader network to build and nurture relationships.
Access – You need an ecosystem to build, grow, and sustain a social enterprise. The Halcyon Incubator connects entrepreneurs with key partners to advise and directly support Fellows’ ventures and provide crucial exposure.
- Opportunities to present directly to ecosystem stakeholders, press, and potential funders.
- Access to a wide range of innovators, influencers, and community figures through conferences and events.
- Technical advice and cloud credits from AWS.
- Legal guidance.
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, you:
- Must be the CEO or primary decision-maker for the venture’s development and management;
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the five-month residency phase (February 2021-June 2021);
- Must be able to postpone any undergraduate or graduate course work during the residency phase;
- Must already live or work in the U.S. or be able to obtain a visa for the residency phase;
- Must be fluent in English;
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program.
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s);
- Must be in startup idea, MVP, or pilot phase;
- Must have less than $500,000 annual revenue;
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization;
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service;
- Can be a for-profit, hybrid, or undecided venture, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change;
- Cannot be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture;
- Can apply with up to two Co-Founders who meet the above eligibility requirements.
You must submit completed application before the deadline on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 11:59PM EDT.Click here to apply