Deadline: 31 October 2019
The Sumitomo Foundation is accepting applications for its Research Projects with an aim to enhance mutual understanding between Asian countries and Japan through promoting research projects in the field of the social sciences or humanities that are related to Japan.
Areas of Research
Any research project, mainly in the field of social sciences or humanities that is related to Japan.
- The following projects are not eligible:
- Research projects for profit making or those conceivably conducive to profit making.
- Contracted research projects for a third party.
- Research projects which have been already substantially completed.
- This grant is not a scholarship, a fellowship or a grant for publication of research results alone.
- Budget Total: ¥50 million
- Grant Amount for Each Project: Maximum ¥2.0 million (¥0.1- ¥1.5 million in fiscal 2018)
- Number of Projects: Approximately 80
- Grant Period: One year (April 2020 through March 2021), but can be extended by another one year maximum if required with specific reason.
- be a researcher of Asian (non Japanese) nationality (For fiscal 2019, priority is given to East and Southeast Asian nationals.),
- Please do not apply if applicants intend to stay in Japan for more than six months during the grant period as a student, visiting professor, etc.), and
- take personal responsibilities for conducting the proposed research project.
- The following expenses are not applicable:
- Remuneration for services rendered by the applicant and/or his/her collaborator(s). (The term ”collaborator(s)” here refers to any researcher(s) who carry(ies) out the proposed research in collaboration with the applicant and be considered co-author(s) when the results of said research are published.)
- Administrative expenses of universities, research institutes, or other organizations to which the applicant and/or collaborator(s) belong.
- Expenses for procurement of any instrument, apparatus or equipment for general use such as PC, Server, Printer, Camera and so on.
- Food and Beverage
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.sumitomo.or.jp/e/Jare/japanrela.htm