Call for Civil Society Representatives to join the 2022 International AIDS Society Conference Committee
Deadline: February 11, 2021
Applications to become a civil society representative on the 2022 International AIDS Society Conference Committee are now open. The IAS is seeking applications for three representatives from international CSOs working on HIV to join the International AIDS Society Conference Committee.
The IAS Conference Committee is responsible for the strategic planning of all IAS conferences taking place over a four-year cycle to ensure continuity, consistency, responsiveness to the needs of the HIV field and alignment with IAS strategic priorities. During the initial term of the Committee, this four-year cycle includes AIDS 2022, HIVR4P 2023, IAS 2023 and AIDS 2024. To enable a rotation cycle, two of the three civil society representatives will serve a two-year term (AIDS 2022, HIVR4P 2023 and IAS 2023).
- Guide the strategic planning of the AIDS, IAS and HIVR4P conferences taking place during the term of the Committee. During its first term, these will be the AIDS 2022, IAS 2023, HIVR4P 2023 and AIDS 2024 conferences;
- Establish the conference frameworks, which includes but is not limited to the theme, objectives and content focus for each conference, in alignment with the IAS 2021-2025 Organizational Strategy;
- Regularly review progress towards achievement of the objectives, with reference to the performance frameworks and indicators developed by the IAS Secretariat;
- Review the evaluation and impact reports of previous IAS-convened conferences to build on positive outcomes, address weaker points and ensure continuous improvement;
- In conjunction with the IAS secretariat, review host city proposals against the criteria established by the IAS Governing Council to advise on shortlisting and propose potential local partners;
- Nominate candidates with the relevant competencies to fill the rotating committees for each of the conferences (with the exception of the UNAIDS/WHO representative, which will be named directly by the respective agency), for appointment by the IAS Executive Board.
- Together with the rotating committee members for each specific conference, oversee programme development, speaker selection and support, abstract review and selection, and scholarship award guidance and review;
- Promote the conferences by sharing information among networks and speaking at relevant meetings, media engagements and other events, with support from the IAS communications team to ensure messaging alignment.
- Applicants should be affiliated with an organization working in HIV advocacy and/or HIV programme implementation/service delivery, or represent the community of people living with HIV.
Individuals wishing to apply to be a civil society representative on the International AIDS Society Conference Committee should submit an application by Thursday, 11 February 2021.
👉 Rejoindre le groupe Télégram d'offre d'emploi & Bourses d'études
👉Vendez vos produits et vos services sur Togopapel
👉 3Vision-Group Agence Web:Création & Hébergment de Site internet, Appli Mobile , Community Manager , Seo Referencement