Deadline: 15 August 2019
U.S. Embassy Singapore Public Affairs Section (PAS) has announced a funding opportunity through its Alumni Community Project Fund (ACPF) 2019.
This year, subject to the availability of funding, PAS will award a limited number of small grants of up to US$25,000 to teams of past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to carry out public service projects that utilize skills and knowledge they have gained through their exchange experiences, and to positively change their communities within Singapore.
The funds may be used to support projects, such as, but not limited to the following themes:
- Foster Economic Prosperity
- Build Civic Participation, Good Governance, and Resilient Communities
- Advance Science, Technology, Health, and Innovation
- Promote Inclusion and Educational Opportunity
- Empower Women and Girls
- May also include mentorship programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM), or English language
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars, and speaker programs
- Artistic and cultural workshops, performances, and exhibitions
- Professional and academic exchanges
- Professional development workshops and training
- Youth outreach projects
Typically, award amounts vary between US$5,000 and US$25,000. Exceptions are possible, as long as the budget is commensurate with the project goals.
Applicants and all team members must be citizens or permanent residents of Singapore or the United States.
(Note: While alumni from the United States may participate as team members in ACPF projects, projects must be implemented within Singapore.)
Following types of projects are not eligible for funding:
- Fund-raising campaigns
- Proposals to create for-profit businesses or directly employ workers
- Projects that support or oppose partisan political activity
- Proposals to provide direct social services (e. medicine) to a population
ACPF funds can be used to pay for:
- Intra-regional or in-country transportation
- Trainer or speaker expenses
- Reasonable equipment and materials
- Meals or refreshments that are integral to the overall project goals (e.g. working lunch during a meeting)
- Communications and publicity materials such as manuals or project advertisements
How to Apply
All proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website, with “Alumni Community Project Fund (ACPF) 2019 Application” and the alumni team’s project title in the subject line.
For more information, please visit https://sg.usembassy.gov/education-culture/embassy-small-grant-programs/alumni-community-project-fund/