WHO Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office Fellowship Programme 2019
Deadline: August 7, 2019
Applications are open for the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office Fellowship Programme 2019. WHO is the directing and coordinating authority on international health within the United Nations system. WHO has 194 Member States and more than 7000 people working in 150 country offices, in 6 regional offices and at headquarter in Geneva. This programme offers fellowships in the offices of the Eastern Mediterranean Region.
The Fellows@EMR programme has three objectives:
- To provide a framework for assigning students from diverse academic backgrounds to EMR programmes, where educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments;
- To expose fellows to the work of WHO and
- To provide WHO/EMRO programmes with the assistance of fellows specializing in various fields. Most fellows are placed in health-related programmes, although placements in other area of work like for example communication, external relations, finance or human resources are also possible.
Under the supervision of a technical expert in the respective area, fellows are assigned a project based on agreed terms of references and in line with their skills set. These terms of references typically include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Review literature and conduct literature surveys
- Undertake web research and data collection on specific subject area
- Organize data and documents
- Participate in the development of tools and guidelines
- Assist in drafting, formatting and editing policy briefs, tool kits, guides/manuals, hand-outs, brochures and reports
- Assist in organizing workshops, meetings, conferences, events
- Participate in on-going departmental projects
- Fellows are entitled to monthly fellowship stipend and official travel depending on the placement.
- Candidates below 35 years old are eligible for the programme
- Postgraduate studies or degree in public health, health or social field related to the technical work of WHO postgraduate studies or degree will be an asset
- Depending on the area of interest, 2 years of the below experience is required and/or would be an advantage.
- Experience in research and/or in drafting reports
- Experience in the subject area through academic work or research
- Field and/or developing country experience
- Experience with data analysis, statistical packages and interest in the design of graphical display and analysis of health information in an international comparative perspective, such as for health system performance assessment
- More specific experience such as specialized computer programmes
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking). Knowledge of Arabic or knowledge of the local language in some duty stations can be an asset
Only applications from nationals of the Low and Middle Income member countries of the Eastern Mediterranean Region will be considered: Afghanistan, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, Palestine, Somali, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Bienvenue sur Doingbuzz, votre destination ultime pour suivre les scores de football en direct. Notre plateforme vous offre une couverture en temps réel des matchs de football du monde entier. Que vous soyez fan de la Premier League, de la Ligue 1, de la Serie A, de la Liga, ou d'autres compétitions internationales, nous avons tout ce qu'il vous faut.
Découvrez les scores actuels, les faits marquants des matchs, et les analyses d'experts. Avec Doingbuzz, vous ne manquerez jamais un moment important du monde du football. Restez connectés pour des mises à jour constantes et vivez chaque match comme si vous y étiez.
N'oubliez pas de consulter notre section de commentaires pour partager vos opinions et prédire les résultats des matchs à venir. Rejoignez notre communauté de passionnés de football sur Doingbuzz!
Sur cette plateforme, vous trouverez également des bourses d'étude