University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program 2020 (fully-funded)
Deadline: October 15, 2019
Applications for University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars (UMAPS) Program 2020 are now open. The UMAPS Program brings early career faculty from African universities to Ann Arbor, Michigan. Scholars are paired with a faculty collaborator during their stay and have full access to the University of Michigan’s resources to further their work on a research project, an academic degree, publications, grant proposal, or other relevant activity.
The program supports the development of the next generation of African scholars by integrating them into international academic networks, and promotes U-M’s international commitment to research and teaching collaborations across diverse disciplines, from engineering to literature to economics.
Starting in 2020, the program will host two cohorts per year (August through December, and January through May). Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their preference for a particular cohort during the application process.
Those admitted to the UMAPS Program will receive:
- Five months of residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, paired with a faculty collaborator with full access to the university’s resources
- Round-trip airfare from their home country to Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Free housing, medical insurance, a research allowance, and a modest stipend to cover living (Important note: The UMAPS program is unable to accommodate spouses and/or dependents)
- Office/Laboratory space
- Opportunity to present research to the U-M community
All applicants must:
- Be an early career faculty member who has taught in the higher education system for less than ten years, presently teaching in a college or university in Africa
- Be able to demonstrate support from home institution with letter of recommendation from head of department, dean, or vice chancellor
- Be able to remain in residence for five months
*Previous recipients of the UMAPS fellowship are not eligible to apply. Preference will be given to applicants without extensive international experience outside the continent.
Review and selection will be made by a multidisciplinary faculty committee at the University of Michigan and will be based on the following:
- Academic quality of the candidate and of the proposed program of scholarship
- Academic fit of the candidate with others selected in the cycle and with the areas of interest described in the Scholarly Program section below – it is our hope to facilitate scholarly networks
- Equitable representations of scholars aligned with ASC’s three disciplinary initiatives
- Support of the candidate’s home institution
Priority will be given to candidates from disadvantaged backgrounds. Promotion of gender equity in the current class of scholars and in the African academy will also be prioritized. Preference will be given to candidates who do not have significant international experience outside the continent.
- UMAPS accepts direct applications from faculty members of colleges or universities in Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, South Africa, and Uganda.
- Faculty members of colleges and universities in all other African countries can only apply to the UMAPS program upon nomination by a U-M faculty member with whom they have a pre-existing relationship.
Exclusif- Samuel Eto'o prend sa retraite internationale
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo
Villa à louer à Hédzranawoé non loin de la piscine Atlantide