UNICEF recruits 01 Programme Planning Manager
DRC Ebola Response: Programme Planning Manager (P-4 Fixed Term – 1 Year), Goma, DRC
Job Number: 523460 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Congo, Dem. Rep
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
The Democratic Republic of Congo is facing a new Ebola epidemic. The epidemic is located in the Province of North-Kivu and Ituri, in the east of the country. The Minister of Health officially declared the new epidemic on 1st of August. The concerned area is affected by armed conflicts and is facing particular challenges in terms of security.
This epidemic is the tenth epidemic the country is going through since 1976. It comes just a few days after the declaration of the end of the Ebola epidemic that hit the Province of Equateur, in the western part of the country, since mid-May. There is at this stage no indication that these epidemics are linked.
The DRC Government has activated its response plan, and has called in its partners – including UNICEF – to participate in the response. UNICEF’s contribution to the response will mainly be focused on communication activities (C4D) to inform and protect local communication, activities in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) to help prevent further spread of the diseases and psycho-social support to assist families, including children that are affected by the disease.
In order to document the impact of the Ebola-crisis and UNICEF’s response, UNICEF DRC is recruiting an Programme Planning Manager for one year to be recruited on a FT basis.
How can you make a difference to UNICEF in DRC?
The Programme Planning Manager will work under supervision of the Senior Project Coordinator of the CO. He/she will work in close collaboration with the Chief Programme Planning, Monitoring and Knowledge Management based in Kinshasa.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates Programme planning via an evidence-based and inclusive process. Participates in the development of programme/project goals and objectives and the implementation of programme/project strategies.
2. Ensures the implementation of the programme is effectively monitored, including organization of mid-year and annual review, as well as joint review meetings with other UN agencies.
3. Oversees Budget Unit to ensure that the programme budget is coordinated and monitored, allowing programme sections to effectively use resources for implementation.
4. Oversee development of the programme components of the Annual Management Plan (AMP). Ensure effective UNICEF representation in all HACT processes. Participate in PCA review and approval process and seek innovative solution to improve business processes and risk assurance mechanisms.
5. Provide oversight and prioritization on proposal and reporting requirements. Contribute to and quality review the Country Office Annual Report. Support Ebola Senior Project Coordinator and Programme Sections in mobilizing resources and alliances.
6. Coordinates UNICEF’s participation in the CCA/UNDAF process, ensuring adequate input on the improvement of the well-being of children and women. Support the Ebola Senior Project Coordinator in ensuring UNICEF is represented in all UNCT/One UN processes, including joint programming and reporting contributions.
7. Undertakes field visits to monitor programme implementation, as well as conduct periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Identifies problems or alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve programme delivery.
8. Effectively manages and supports the development of staff in the programme planning section.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Advanced university degree in the field of Social Science. A Bachelor-level degree combined with additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Eight years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in social development, management, monitoring and evaluation.
Knowledge and experience in working in emergency situation in Africa in general, and in francophone Africa in particular;
Experience in working for UNICEF.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
Leading and Supervising
Formulating Strategies and Concepts
Applying Technical Expertise
Planning and Organizing
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Closing Date Sun Jul 07 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)
Plus d'articles :
Nouvel Ordre Mondial Illuminati Franc maçon recrute à ce moment , tout savoir
Togo : Le Fonds XOESE recrute (13 décembre 2021)
Togo : Le Groupe HeidelbergCement recrute pour 20 postes (10 décembre)
Togo : l’OTR recrute (20 décembre)
Jobwide Recrute à ce moment des publicateurs d'offre d'emploi (télétravailleurs).
Doingbuzz et Jobwide lancent un appel aux recruteurs de tout bord
Jobwide et non jobvite : votre site de recherche d’offres d'emploi
L'AUF lance un appel à candidatures pour la dixième édition du Prix de la Francophonie pour jeunes c...
RDC: Deux explosions à Béni, le gouvernement réagit
Philip Morris International recruits 01 Customer Experience Trainee
Line Maersk Recrute 01 Directeur des Ventes au Bénin
SAV BÉNIN RECRUTE 01 COMMERCIAL EN CHARGE DU CORPORATE