Logistics Specialist, P-3, Fixed-Term, Bamako, Mali
Job Number: 525291 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Mali
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
In UNICEF Mali, the Logistics Specialist reports to the Supply and Logistics Manager as per the Country Office (CO) set-up and is responsible for managing elements of the supply chains of a large supply operation. The supply chain operations under the responsibility of the Logistics Specialist include planning, monitoring of shipments, goods in transit, and in general the supply pipeline with UNICEF Global and Local Freight Forwarders and Local Transportation companies, customs clearance, warehousing, in country contracting and monitoring transport and distribution, as well as monitoring of supplies (last mile / end user monitoring). The incumbent cooperates with programmes in defining and facilitating logistics interventions to meet programmatic needs and achieve results for children, and provides technical and advisory support to governments, national systems and partners on supply chain management.
How can you make a difference?
1. Supply chain service delivery and emergency response
• In consultation with the Supply and Logistics Manager, provide input to the Country Programme Action Planning and advice on Logistics requirements for the Plan of Operations and Annual Work Plans. Ensure appropriate planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations, including establishment of performance indicators, and assessment of fit for purpose of products and services.
• Maintain / Establish an adequate logistics set-up, arrangements and strategies to timely and efficiently support UNICEF country programme in Mali as well as emergency responses.
• Ensure appropriate processes and systems are in place to ensure efficiency of logistics operations by effective management of shipping & custom clearing; stock & warehousing; transport and distribution focusing on real time management of information for informed decision making while maintaining the highest level of integrity, ethical standards and accountability. Establish proper reporting mechanism and share information. Integrate mechanism to track and monitor goods in transit, stocks and supplies after distribution. Raises logistics bottlenecks to supervisor for prioritization
• Ensure timely management of goods in transit and customs clearance of supplies entering the country. Ensure appropriate warehousing, inventory management and in-country transport in support of the country programme implementation.
• Ensure logistics performance reviews are established and applied for strategic logistics services and contracts and LTAs under his/her supervision (custom clearing; warehousing and transport services).
• Analyze supply / logistics dashboards, implementation rates of key performance indicators and supply information/data from various systems and conduct root cause analysis of supply chain bottlenecks and challenges, with a view to drive improvements and ensure efficient and effective supply chains for children.
• Assist the Supply and Logistics Manager in the development of the CO emergency supply & logistics strategy based on risk assessment analysis and Programme assumptions. Ensure an emergency logistics preparedness action plan for the CO is established in line with Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action (CCC) and implemented (establishment of relevant LTAs and frame agreements for emergency response, prepositioning of stock, inter-agency collaboration and training of staff in the country office).
• Participate when needed in emergency coordination, implementation and monitoring meetings with internal and external partners and establish and with Logistics Cluster/National Logistics Working Group if such is activated/existing.
• In collaboration with Supply and Logistics Manager, establish strong working relations with Supply Division, to align with global and regional approaches and initiatives in the logistics element of supply chain management.
2. Collaboration with programme and implementing partners
• In collaboration with the Supply and Logistics Manager develop close collaboration with programme sections through involvement in, planning, and preparation for implementation of supply and logistics components as well as monitoring and evaluation (last mile / end user monitoring). Establish accountability framework with programmes, for delivery of results for children.
• Provide logistics input for donor dialogue, and support CO in the development of supply and logistics components of proposals to donors including budgeting.
• Support assessment of and collaboration with implementing partners including civil society, establishment of Programme Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), and monitoring of supply components under Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT).
• Develop and maintain partnership and collaborative relations with Government, UN organizations and bilateral counterparts in logistics activities.
3. Technical and advisory support to government/national systems
• Cooperate in promoting supply chain strengthening and change management initiatives with governments and partners, to ensure efficient and effective supply chains for children.
• Provide input to capacity development initiatives in the area of supply chains for children, in close collaboration with programme colleagues. Support supply components of health systems strengthening as might be relevant in the country context.
• Advisory support to Governments/national systems in defining and determining supply solutions for children, such as use implementing last mile / end user monitoring and improving of local warehousing and transportation practices.
4. Innovation, products and markets
• Contribute to pilots and support the actual roll-out of new products and services, in close collaboration with Supply Division.
• Promote critical thinking, innovative approaches and good practices on supply chain management within the organization as well as with externals to ensure effective and efficient supply chains for children.
• Further to analysis of logistic spend and related strategies, in collaboration with supervisor run initiatives to ensure local market development where relevant.
5. Management of the Supply team
• Deputize as Officer in Charge (OiC) in absence of the Supply and Logistics Manager
• Assist the Supply and Logistic Manager in preparing the annual work plan for the Supply and Logistics team; help to focus on priorities/targets and performance measurements and assist in monitoring work progress to ensure that results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
• Supervise and coach team members, ensure timely performance management of the Logistics Unit staff, ensuring knowledge sharing and learning is prioritized in order to continuously build capacity of individuals and the team.
• In consultation with the Supply and Logistic Manager, ensure establishment and maintenance of operational capacity to handle CO supply chains, including staffing (appropriate staffing structure, timely recruitment, clarity of roles and responsibilities) and contracting of third party services if applicable (e.g. customs clearance, warehousing, transport, distribution)
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related social science field.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience, at the national and international levels, in supply, logistics, procurement, contracting, administration and/or other directly-related technical fields is required.
Health supply chain management experience an advantage.
Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
Fluency in English and French is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that this is a non-family duty station.
* Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offer of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
Closing Date Mon Aug 12 2019 00:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)
Match en Direct: tous les scores de foot en direct - DoingbuzzTenez-vous au courant des derniers résultats sur Doingbuzz.
Bienvenue sur Doingbuzz, votre destination ultime pour suivre les scores de football en direct. Notre plateforme vous offre une couverture en temps réel des matchs de football du monde entier. Que vous soyez fan de la Premier League, de la Ligue 1, de la Serie A, de la Liga, ou d'autres compétitions internationales, nous avons tout ce qu'il vous faut.
Découvrez les scores actuels, les faits marquants des matchs, et les analyses d'experts. Avec Doingbuzz, vous ne manquerez jamais un moment important du monde du football. Restez connectés pour des mises à jour constantes et vivez chaque match comme si vous y étiez.
N'oubliez pas de consulter notre section de commentaires pour partager vos opinions et prédire les résultats des matchs à venir. Rejoignez notre communauté de passionnés de football sur Doingbuzz!