UNICEF recruits 01 C4D Senior Programme Advisor (Partnerships Management), P-5
Job no: 523464
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: Congo, Dem. Rep
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D), Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Communication / External Relations, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, P-5, UN and Multilateral Affairs
The Minister of Health (MoH) of the Democratic Republic of Congo declared a new outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) on August 1st 2018, following the confirmation of four cases of Ebola in the Mabalako health zone of the territory of Beni, North Kivu province, Eastern DRC. As of today, 1.100 total cases have been reported across 18 high-risk health zones in both North Kivu and Ituri provinces. Since then UNICEF multi-disciplinary teams from WASH, C4D, Psycho-Social, security and Logistics were deployed to the region as part of the first intervention team in support of the Government response team. In this same month, the government and partners successfully ended the Ebola epidemic in the Equateur region, that spread between May and August 2018. The C4D teams in Equateur played a major role in the response and was integrated in all response commissions. As part of effective coordination of the current response, the Ministry of Health has designated UNICEF as co-lead for the Risk Communication and Community Engagement Commission (RCCE). With this in mind, UNICEF DRC is in need of a well-qualified and experienced candidate to coordinate and provide leadership and direction to the RCCE component of the response. The candidate will also advice both the UNICEF response coordinator as well as the C4D Coordinator on effective and strategic positioning of C4D within the overall response. This includes programmatic coordination of international and local partners involved, and who are implementing activities in both affected as well as neighboring non-affected health zones in both Ituri and North Kivu Provinces.
The evolving epidemic is concerning as we are witnessing a fragile and unpredictable expansion of the epidemic, especially considering a highly politicized region with strong mistrust and opposition to the government who is leading the response. Other contributing elements include active movements of the population due to a strong business culture, a population who for decades has been victim of abuse and violence, presence of highly politicized youth groups, and communities who are facing for the first time a strange and unknown disease, whose rigid protocols threatens and disrespects local culture, tradition and religious practices.
The C4D Senior Programme Advisor will work closely with the strategic response team, as the RCCE co-lead, to support the Government coordinate all RCCE action by national and international partners, offering strategic leadership and expert advice to Government, donors and implementing partners on the implementation of the RCCE component of the Strategic Response plan, and develop new approaches to address new and emerging challenges in communication and community engagement. The position will also be responsible to strengthen UNICEF’s overall position and C4D leadership in the response, strengthen and create new opportunities with all actors and stakeholder, and assure a strong UNICEF’s strategy to address neighboring non-affected communities (active-readiness) in both Ituri and North Kivu provinces.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS.
Leadership, coordination, strengthening Partnerships, and visibility
- Assure planning and cooperation with UNICEF’s Ebola senior coordinator in Goma.
- In coordination with the senior coordinator, to represent UNICEF RCCE in strategic and daily central commission meetings.
- Strengthen and enable an operational platform to assure consensus and accord with government and WHO on EVD activities and approaches.
- Coordinate and plan with UNICEF’s senior RCCE response coordinator, presently also based in Goma.
- Strengthen UNICEF’s leadership, credibility, and visibility as RCCE co-lead of the response alongside of the government.
- Participation in weekly calls with HQ, Regional Office and Geneva WHO team to assure alignment and sharing facts and trends in the field.
- Contribute to the development of strategic communication strategies and plans.
- Assure timely and strategic coordination between international and national partners on the ground.
- Work with external coms and professionals to assure minimum visibility of RCCE and collaborate with the C4D Section for the documentation of best practices.
- Coordinate with the Active-Readiness team and help develop RCCE strategies to address non-affected health zones.
Post is based in North Kivu, Goma coordination center, with occasional travel to affected locations. Transportation and security to and from these areas will be controlled, monitored and managed by the UN, UNICEF and security regulations and MONUSCO. All travel of UNICEF staff must be authorized and planned by security commission.
- Advanced university degree in behavioural and/or social sciences (anthropology, sociology, psychology, social development, etc.) or public health. Understanding of – or training in – current developments in the field of communication for development theory and research, participatory processes, media; as also strategic communication planning, behaviour analysis, formative research and evaluation. A relevant 1st University Degree in one of the above sciences, with qualifying experience, may also be accepted in lieu of the Advanced University Degree.
- At least 10 years of solid work experience in C4D, of which at least 2-4 years in emergency contexts or dealing with emergency issues, 4-6 years in developing country contexts.
- Proven experience in coordinating and/or facilitating multi-agency C4D preparedness and response in emergencies. Experience in emergency response to outbreaks (Ebola, Cholera, etc.) or understanding of outbreak/risk communications and dealing with the media is an asset
- Knowledge of and experience in the social, political and economic environment of West and Central Africa will be an asset
- Fluency in French and in English. Knowledge of local language an asset
Advertised: 27 Jul 2019 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 04 Aug 2019 11:55 PM W. Central Africa Standard Time
Vous êtes sur whatsapp,intégrez et recevez nos articles depuis nos groupes disponible sur le whatsapp🚨DOINGBUZZ ACTUALITE NEW Pour offres d'emploi 👉🏾 -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun
Cliquer ici pour les autres groupes👆
Cliquer ici 👆
-🇧🇯 Bénin- 🇧🇯 Bénin - 🇧🇯 Bénin -🇧🇯 Bénin-🇳🇪 Niger -🇳🇪 Niger - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇸🇳 Sénégal - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo - 🇹🇬 Togo 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire 🇨🇮- Côte d'Ivoire -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun -🇨🇲 Cameroun - 🇫🇷 France - 🇫🇷 France - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso - 🇧🇫 Burkina Faso -🇬🇦 Gabon -🇬🇳 Guinéé - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇲🇱 Mali - 🇨🇩 Congo RDC - 🇨🇬 Congo Brazzaville -🇲🇦 Maroc - 🇹🇩 Tchad -Pour les autres pays