Solidarités International (SI) recruits 01 Wash/Rrm Program Manager
Desired start date: September 1st, 2019
Duration of the mission: 6 months, with possible extension
Location: Northeast Syria
ABOUT THE MISSION …
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
The mission has expanded through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI, which started in October 2018. The LEARN consortium funded by OFDA ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria. As a result, the operational volume has been growing extensively, so as the overall structure.
The Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 20 million USD budget forecasted for 2019.
ABOUT THE JOB
SI is looking for a WASH/RRM (Rapid Response Mechanism) Manager, based in Northeast Syria (NES). SI has considerably expanded its programmatic portfolio over the past few months, both in terms of volume and sector diversity (Emergency WASH, WASH rehabilitation, WASH in Health, Cash & Vouchers, Shelter, RRM). In Northeast Syria SI is a frontline responder, delivering assistance in areas with limited humanitarian access and/or covering gaps in the humanitarian WASH response. This has been materialized by the addition of a RRM component within the LEARN Consortium, aimed at covering the geographical humanitarian reach of the partners in the area. The WASH/RRM Manager will be line-managed by a Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs, under the guidance of the LEARN Deputy Chief of Party. He/she will benefit from the functional support of the WASH Coordinator. He/she will work in synergy with the Program Managers (WASH, Shelter, Cash-Based Interventions and MEAL), and will supervise a team currently comprised of a Deputy, 3 Supervisors and 10 Officers.
– Manage the WASH response (Water Supply, Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation) in her/his respective area of responsibility
– Manage emergency responses when triggered by the LEARN Consortium Technical Advisory Group
– Represent SI at WaSH Working Group level
– Responsible to implement emergency interventions out of the “regular” areas of intervention when RRM triggered – assessment, registration / targeting, implementation, monitoring, reporting)
– Ensure internal coordination with technical coordinator, field coordinator and other PMs/MEAL Manager and support departments to guarantee her/his activities are implemented in the most efficient and compliant way
– Document on the lessons learnt gathered throughout the project thanks to quality regular and ad hoc reporting
Specific stakes and challenges:
– One of the main challenges is related to management, the activities being subject to regular remote management.
– Ensure programmatic external coordination before launching an activity, with strong component coordination.
– Work in a changing and complex environment.
– Work in an insecure area.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
– Finalize the final report and Post-Distribution Monitoring report for Y1 of the LEARN
– Ensure the continuation of synergies within components of SI intervention in the area, within the LEARN consortium activities.
– Contribute to the development of new projects propositions to feed SI strategy in the area.
– Follow up activities that have been launched in Y1.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position: starting from 1980 euros gross per month (1800€ + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly per diem of 700 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
[LIVING CONDITIONS : ]
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses, which are spacious and comfortable.
Security inside NES is overall volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
|Experience||3 à 5 ans|
|Fonctions||Technicien spécialisé, Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Secteurs d’activité||Eau et assainissement, Gestion crise / post-crise|
|Pays||Moyen Orient, Syrie|
|Postuler en ligne||https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=P1IFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NQ9&nPostingTargetID=43689|
|Date de fin de validité||10/10/2019|
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo