Santa Fe Institute Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020 (Funding available)
Deadline: October 27, 2019
Applications are open for the Santa Fe Institute Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020. The Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowships, comprising the Omidyar and ASU-SFI Fellowships, at the Santa Fe Institute are unique among postdoctoral appointments.
The Fellowships offer early-career scholars the opportunity to undertake their own independent research within a collaborative research community that nurtures creative, transdisciplinary thought in pursuit of key insights about the complex systems that matter most for science and society. The Institute rejects compartmentalized thought common in academia. Instead, SFI scientists transcend boundaries between fields, freely synthesizing ideas spanning many disciplines – from math, physics, and biology to the social sciences and the humanities – in pursuit of creative insights that advance scientific frontiers.
Postdoctoral Fellows spend up to three years in residence at SFI, where they contribute to SFI’s research in the sciences of complexity and become the “new leadership for new science.” As thought leaders who shape the future of science, Postdoctoral Fellows also participate in a unique training program structured to develop leadership skills throughout their three-year residencies and beyond.
The Institute has no formal programs or departments. Research is collaborative and spans the physical, natural, and social sciences. Most research is theoretical (SFI does not have lab facilities) and/or computational in nature, although it may include an empirical component. SFI has 14 postdoctoral researchers, 13 resident faculty, 100 external faculty, and averages 1000 visitors per year. Descriptions of the research themes and interests of the faculty and current Fellows can be found at SFI Research.
- The institute provides an opportunity to collaborate with leading researchers worldwide, discretionary and collaborative funds, a competitive salary with a generous benefit package including paid family leave.
- Applicants should possess a Ph.D. in any scientific discipline granted within 6 years of the application deadline or completed prior to September 2020;
- Have strong quantitative and computational skills, an exemplary academic record
- A proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A demonstrated interest in transdisciplinary research
- Evidence of the ability to think beyond traditional paradigms
- The Santa Fe Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and women, veterans, and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. U.S. citizenship is not a requirement, however, you must be legally able to work in the US. SFI will sponsor a J1 Visa for successful candidates. SFI is not able to sponsor a H1B Visa for candidates.
You will be asked to provide the following application materials:
- Curriculum vitae (including publications list)
- Statement of research interests (max. 2 pages) including a short description of the research you would like to pursue and why
- Description of interest in SFI (max. 1 page) that describes your potential contribution to the SFI community and also explains the potential impact of SFI on your research. Consider addressing one or more of the following: What kind of input from other fields would most improve your future research? What type of multidisciplinary workshop might you want to organize during your Fellowship? What aspects of your present or future research are difficult to pursue in a traditional academic environment? What experiences, if any, do you have related to SFI’s goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive scientifc community?
- Three letters of recommendation from scholars who know your work. (The letters should be sent independently of the application. When you complete the online application, please be prepared to provide e-mail addresses of the three individuals who will recommend you. SFI will contact them directly with instructions for submitting letters.
- (Optional) A copy of one paper you have written in English, either published or unpublished
- (Optional) Diversity form.
Exclusif- Samuel Eto'o prend sa retraite internationale
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo
Villa à louer à Hédzranawoé non loin de la piscine Atlantide