Plan International recruits 01 Community Development Facilitator
Location: Iligan City, LAS, PH
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is will implement a project entitled, Moving Urban Poor Communities towards Resilience (MOVE UP) Phase 4. This is an urban disaster risk reduction project implemented by a consortium of international NGOs. The project aims to improve the disaster risk reduction and management in the target areas via the use of Alternative Temporary Shelter (ATS), resilient livelihoods and risk transfer modalities. This phase will be implemented in select municipalities in Iligan and Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, Philippines.
In this regard, Plan International Philippines invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR
- Conduct community diagnosis with community leaders/members to identify strengths & weakness
- Facilitate the gathering/updating of baseline data into a community profile and ensure that these are communicated in the community
- Facilitate capacity building of partners including children in project management & resource mobilization
- Facilitates implementation of Community Managed Projects
- Document community projects, activities, and processes
- Identify and train community volunteers to initiate and participate actively in community development works
- This role is based in Iligan City, Lanao Del Sur.
- A graduate of Social Work, Community Development, Behavioral Sciences, Disaster Risk Reduction or Other related courses
- Has at least two (2) years experience in actual community organizing and organizing. Hands-on experience in participatory approaches including children
- Has the knowledge and/or exposure to Community Organizing/ Community Development; Program/ Project Management; Participatory Rapid/ Rural Appraisal
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants are preferred.