Policy Officer_Cash-Based Transfers NOB/Ouagadougou (179364)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics,Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are mostly found in Country Offices (COs) with existing or planned cash-based transfer operations and report to the CBT Officer or in his/her absence to the Deputy Country Director
Job holders at this grade level have strong knowledge about CBT operations but need more guided experience to become experts. They make definite contributions within the established policies and procedures and apply their knowledge derived from educational training to exercise independent analysis for reviews and decisions and contribute to achieve CBT outputs for effective implementation. At this grade level, job holders receive supervision, but can work under broader instructions and sometime also independently. In small operations they may also act as team leaders working closely and in coordination with the relevant stakeholders.
To provide analytics and contributions to WFP Country Office’s Cash-Based Transfers activities and contribute to the planning and coordination of field operations, to ensure effective digital management of all CBT beneficiary identity and the use of electronic payment solutions that promote women digital financial inclusion.
The incumbent will also support WFP in the coordination of the Interagency Cash Working Group with data gathering and information management to produce comprehensive analytics and dashboard.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support the development and implementation of procedures for Beneficiary Identity Management and Digital Payment Solutions in CBT operations in line with the global WFP strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans.
2. Serve as focal point for CBT Beneficiary Identity Management ensuring high level data protection measures and standards.
3. Promote the use of corporate digital tools in all CBT operations (SCOPE, DAT, NEST etc.)
4. Support the sectorial assessments with Digital Solutions and Services analysis and contribute to the transfer modality and delivery mechanism selection analysis as well as for transfer value definition in close collaboration with RAM and other relevant CBT functional units.
5. Draft, review and implement CBT Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).Contribute to delivery systems set-up including preparation of tender documents for FSP and CP selection and contracting in collaboration with Procurement; gathering of data for the production and review of beneficiaries’ payment lists; order production and distribute payment instruments and, liaison with service providers, partners and other WFP stakeholders for an optimal project management. Ensure assurance control in beneficiary registration and verification together with Programme Officers. Coordinate and sensitize local authorities on cash operations and support training to staff and CP.
6. Contribute to ensure compliance with the established CBT strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and assist in the implementation of corporate standards, with special emphasis on programme quality, impact, and assurance.
7. Support CFM day-to-day activities by handling reported issues and monitor its performance.
8. Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely digitalized reporting on CBT operations to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to partners and donors.
9. Document operational risks and contribute to the implementation and management of mitigation actions during distributions.
10. Support the organization of regular meetings of the Interagency Cash Working Group and serve as alternate focal point in WFP.
11. Contribute to capacity building activities by providing support on technical contents and logistics arrangements for the Interagency Cash Working Group.
12. Support the Interagency Cash Working Group in Data gathering, Information Management and production of comprehensive Dashboard.
13. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and support them with analysis and queries.
14. Undertake other assigned tasks, as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives
Utilizes understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives to communicate linkages to team objectives and work.
Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
Make the mission inspiring to our team. Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions, Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors
Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Demonstrates robust understanding of CBT strategies. Conducts analytical and conceptual work in support of strategy design and implementation. Operationalizes strategies in own area of responsibility.
Guides CBT planning within area of operations managed. Oversees and coordinates periodic planning across functions and with partners. Ensures consensus-based plans are in place and aligned with strategy and priorities.
CBT Networks Management
Demonstrates robust understanding of end-to-end CBT operations.
Supports the design and implementation of CBT networks.
Supports the integrated delivery of CBT services.
Support the design and implementation of on-demand cash and associated services to governments and partners.
CBT Performance & Development
Supports continuous CBT improvement and innovation initiatives within area of operations managed.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in coordinating CBT activities with other units/ teams;
• Experience in conducting analytical and conceptual work in support of strategy design and implementation ;
• Experience in coordinating periodic planning across functions and with partners;
• Experience in analyzing and supporting the implementation of end-to-end CBT operations;
• Experience in working with WFP partners;
• Experience in implementing CBT digital solutions and innovation ;
• Experience in supervising staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months renewable based on fund availability
Duty Station: Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Number of position: 01
Have Burkina Faso nationality
NB: Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submission: 13th January 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Hey toi 👋 Partage ce contenu 👉