COOPI recruits 01 Regional Administrator
COOPI is looking for: Regional Administrator Eastern Africa for its office in Nairobi.
The Regional Administrator ensures under his/her own responsibility the coordination, management, training and support for all administrative activities carried out at Regional Coordination level of East Africa (Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, Malawi, Ethiopia).
Frequent missions are foreseen in the countries of East Africa.
Direct referees to: Regional Coordinator.
- As a key member of the Regional Coordination Team, the post holder will be required to ensure the regional finance management, HR management and administration are in line with COOPI HQ policies and guidelines and local legislation. He/she has also to ensure that program quality is of organizational standards, support the procurement, marketing and funding processes of the program, through management of funding proposals and of timely and accurate donor reports.
- He/she cooperates the new budget of a project in conformity to the plan and to the sustainability of the Regional Coordination.
- In the beginning of the project, he/she receives the procurement plan from the Project Manager through Country Administrator, he/she verifies the congruency of this plan to the budget and necessary procedures, then he/she upload it into the internal data base.
- Once requested to the Headquarter, he/she receives the Italian Costs of the area of his/her competences and he/she will send it to the Country Administrator.
- He/she carries out the monitoring of procurement’s development.
- He/she makes sure of a continuous congruity between the project and country’s accountability, verifying the coherency between accountability and internal documents.
- He/she verifies and monitors grants to receive.
Selection and Training
- He/she participates to the selection process of candidates: interviews, tests and final evaluation.
- He/she evaluates the Country and Project Administrator at the end of the contract.
- He/she verifies the correct and complete of data compilation of each country regarding the balance and data transmission to the Headquarter.
Report (interim or final report)
- He/she plans and monitors the time taken to produce reports to represent in Italy and abroad, specifically in his/her area of competence.
- He/she verifies and approves the interim and final reports that are made on site. He/she finalizes and approves the final reports that should be transmitted by Milan. He/she completes the project reconciliation.
- He/she supports the audit activities in the Headquarter for his/her countries of reference.
- He/she verifies and analyses reconciliation.
- He/she provides support in the preparation of the annual country budget.
- He/she prepares the Regional budget and its periodical monitoring.
- He/she supports the work’s organisation of the Country Administrators by providing work instructions (priorities, forms).
- He/she ensures the sustainability of the Regional coordination and the discharge Headquarter’s services.
- He/she prepares and verifies the account and the administrative data requested by the Headquarter.
- He/she verifies that periodical monitoring are activate in the financial aspects of each country of his/her competence.
- He/she updates data for the elaboration of budget sheets.
- University degree in Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Non-Profit Management, Business Management;
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience;
- At least three years of demonstrated successful experience in international relief and development in African countries in a similar position;
- Knowledge of the main international donors (ex. EU, ECHO, UN Agencies);
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Proven capacity to work in a team;
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
- Fluency in English language;
- Computer literate.
- Previous experience in COOPI overseas;
- Knowledge of the Italian Language;
- Experience in managing staff;
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments.