Call for Proposals: The Joint Baltic-Nordic Energy Research Programme
Deadline: 11 September 2019
Nordic Energy Research has issued a call for proposals for research projects under the joint Baltic-Nordic Energy Research programme with an aim to strengthen the common Baltic-Nordic knowledge on future challenges and developments.
The thematic scope of the call is limited to one (or more) of the four areas of key interest for the Baltic-Nordic Energy Research Programme:
- Decarbonisation of the transport sector
- Energy efficiency in buildings and industry
- Energy system analysis
- Challenges and opportunities for regional electricity grids
The scope of the call covers technical/natural sciences and social science-based research on energy. These projects should aim to address research questions from a Baltic-Nordic perspective, and to focus on regional perspectives or to solve questions that will result in added Baltic-Nordic knowledge.
- This call of 4,5 million NOK aims to support three research projects of up to two years in length.
- Each project can be eligible for funding of up to 1,5 MNOK for the project period (2 years).
- Research consortia partners based in the Nordic countries (here defined as Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and the autonomous areas of Greenland, the Faroe Islands and the Åland Islands) and Baltic ( Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) countries are eligible for funding. Partners outside these countries may participate in the research consortium but are not eligible for funding from Nordic Energy Research.
- All proposals must be written in English and follow the structure set out in the application form available on the Application Portal.
- The host institution (Project Owner) must be based in Estonia, Latvia or a Nordic country.
- The Project Manager must be an established senior researcher at the host institution.
- Projects must begin before 1st of February 2020 and must operate continuously for a period of 1,5 to 2 years.
- Projects must address one (or more) of the four key interest areas
- Letters of intent signalling institutional commitment from all participating partners must be provided together with the full proposal.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2JfZZob