If you are lactose intolerant and/or do not want to consume animal fats, but you love arroz con leche, don’t give it up. Here are two recipes which are very easy and tasty alternatives to make the classic arroz con leche, recipes full of flavor and creaminess. They will not disappoint you and you will obtain a creamy arroz con leche with a very rich flavor, nothing to envy the traditional one. Making it is very simple! Click here to learn more about what is arroz con leche and try its delicious recipe!
Option 1: Arroz con leche with almond milk
This is a delicious recipe. Almond milk has multiple benefits for the body, the first of which is that it is lactose-free. It is also much lower in calories than cow’s milk, improves digestion and the condition of our skin.
- 800 milliliters of Almond Milk.
- ¾ cup of rice.
- 6 tablespoons of sugar.
- 1 dessert spoon of butter or oil.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 1 lemon peel.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Cinnamon powder (optional).
How to make arroz con leche with almond milk:
Preparing this delicious arroz con leche with almond milk is very easy! Start by washing the rice grains. In this case risotto rice is used, which is one of the creamier varieties.
- Place a pot with the rice, almond milk, cinnamon stick and lemon zest, and heat over medium heat. Tip: If you do not want to use almond milk, you can use any other type of vegetable milk.
- When it is boiling, stir non-stop for 20 minutes so that the rice is cooked, creamy and does not burn.
- Taste it and if it is already cooked, turn off the heat. Add the sugar, salt and butter or oil, mix well and remove the cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
- Let it cool and then transfer it to a bowl. Then put it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When serving it, you can sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder.
Option 2: Arroz con leche with oatmeal recipe
- 5 oz of rice
- 1 liter of oat milk
- 2 mandarin oranges (peel)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 oz of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
How to make arroz con leche with Oat milk:
- To start with the oat milk rice recipe and get a creamy dessert, first rinse the rice by passing it through water until the remains are not whitish. Tip: you must pass the rice through water several times to expel the starch.
- Put the oat milk, the rice, the cinnamon stick and the cut tangerine peel in a saucepan. The mandarin peel can be cut with a vegetable peeler, trying not to get the white part of the skin. Then cook over low heat for about 40 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- After 40 minutes, add the sugar and margarine, stir constantly for about 5 more minutes. You will see that it will thicken more. Do not leave it completely dry, because when it cools it tends to absorb more liquid and the rice will be too dry, so it is always better to leave a little more milk. Tip: if you cannot or do not want to consume sugar, you should know that arroz con leche with oat milk without sugar is also delicious. You can also make rice with oat milk and stevia.
- With the heat off, remove the tangerine peel and cinnamon stick with a fork.
- Divide the arroz con leche and oats into small bowls and allow to cool completely. Then take to the refrigerator to cool completely and set. Just before serving, sprinkle each bowl with cinnamon powder and enjoy your vegan arroz con leche.
→ A LIRE AUSSI : Rice water: why is it back and how can it benefit you and your skin
→ A LIRE AUSSI : Grossesse : 5 causes de fausse couche à connaître
→ A LIRE AUSSI : Mangez du riz le matin est une habitude saine ? Ce qu’il faut savoir👉 Cliquer ici pour rejoindre groupe d'actualités sur Whatsapp