Apply for the 5th Legal Empowerment Leadership Course in Budapest (Scholarships Available)Deadline: August 8, 2019
Applications are open for the Legal Empowerment Leadership Course 2019 taking place from December 1 – 6, 2019. The 5th edition of the annual course is a collaboration between the CEU’s School of Public Policy, Open Society Justice Initiative, Namati, and the Robert L. Bernstein Institute for Human Rights at New York University School of Law.
The aim of the course is to cultivate a global cadre of leaders who are committed to legal empowerment, and who share a common understanding of the field, including history, methodology, and evidence. A faculty of respected practitioners and academics lead course participants in an in-depth exploration of key themes, including the conceptual framework of legal empowerment, community organizing and social movements, and the role of grassroots legal advocates in realizing systemic change. The participatory nature of the course also emphasizes peer-to-peer learning through small group work.
World leaders increasingly agree that access to justice and legal empowerment are crucial to ensuring equitable and inclusive development, a recognition that led to the integration of justice in the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Every year the legal empowerment field becomes more robust, with greater evidence of what works. The 2019 Legal Empowerment Leadership Course is a unique opportunity to take stock of our collective knowledge and build upon it to strengthen a global movement for justice.
The course will be held at the School of Public Policy, on the campus of the Central European University in Budapest, Hungary.
Cost and Scholarships
The full cost of participation in the course is EUR 2,000;– (incl. VAT). This does not include travel and accommodation (lunch and coffee breaks during the course will be provided).
A limited number of scholarships covering travel, accommodation and the full cost of tuition will be available on a competitive basis. Note that scholarships will not be available for applicants from donor institutions.
- Open to practitioners, policymakers, donors, and researchers.
- The course is intended for people whose work and interests are directly related to legal empowerment. This includes:
- exceptional paralegals and leaders of civil society and community organizations who are running, or wish to run, legal empowerment programs;
- parliamentary leaders and government officials (ministries of justice or development, centralized planning units, NHRIs) with the power to support or regulate legal empowerment efforts;
- development agency representatives working on legal empowerment at an international or country level;
- academics and researchers interested in working with legal empowerment programs
Fill out the application form until 8 August 2019, find it linked below.
There, you will be asked to submit
- a short problem statement, describing a challenge area or inquiry facing you in your work, or
- a short proposal for research or action that you wish to workshop throughout the course; and
- your CV.
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Les dernièrs directs
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo