ALIMA recrute 01 Anesthesist
NIGERIA- ANESTHESIST- M/F
ALIMA’s purpose is to save lives and provide care for the most vulnerable populations, without any discrimination based on identity, religion or politics, through actions based on proximity, innovation, and the alliance of organizations and individuals. We act with humanity and impartiality in accordance with universal medical ethics. To gain access to patients, we undertake to act in a neutral and independent manner.
Our CHARTER defines the VALUES and PRINCIPLES of our action:
Putting the Patient First
Revolutionizing humanitarian medicine
Responsibility and freedom
Improve the quality of our actions
CARING – INNOVATING – TOGETHER:
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 3 million patients. Today ALIMA works in 11 countries in Western and Central Africa. In 2018 we plan to work in 41 projects including 10 research projects focusing on malnutrition, Ebola and Lassa fever. All of these projects will support national health authorities through more than 320 health facilities (including 28 hospitals and 294 health facilities). Alima intervenes in response to humanitarian crises and patients are at the heart of all our actions. We work in partnership whenever possible to ensure that our patients benefit from the best and most relevant expertise wherever it is, whether within their own country or in the rest of the world.
ALIMA’S TEAM: more than 1800 people are currently working for ALIMA. The field teams, closest to the patients, receive their support from coordination teams generally based in the countries’ capitals. These receive support from the 3 desk teams and the emergency and opening team based at the operational headquarters in Dakar, Senegal. The Paris and New York teams are actively working to raise funds and represent ALIMA. The rest of the ALIMA Galaxy includes individuals and partner teams working on behalf of other organizations such as medical NGOs BEFEN, ALERT Health, SOS Doctors / KEOOGO, AMCP, research organizations PACCI and INSERM, Bordeaux or Copenhagen Universities, the INGO Solidarités International and many others.
COUNTRIES WHERE WE WORK IN 2018: Mali, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Guinea, South Sudan, Mauritania
THE WORK WE DO covers: Malnutrition, Maternal Health, Primary Health, Pediatrics, Malaria, Epidemics (Ebola, Cholera, Measles, Dengue, Lassa fever), Hospitalization, Emergencies, Gender Based Violence, Opening / Closing.
ALIMA started SRH activities in Monguno MCH in 2017, and have been referring C-section cases to general hospital Monguno which are performed by the ALIMA OT TEAM and MOH Staff before commencing full CEMONC activities in general hospital Monguno as of April 2019.
From September 2017 until the end of June, 160 caesarean section, 5 laparotomies for cesarean complications were performed at Monguno General Hospital
The context of Monguno with the security requirements limits references of unstable patients to Maiduguri.
However, besides the gynecological obstetric cases that arrive in the structures supported by ALIMA, several other surgical cases requiring local management are also referred by ALIMA to Maiduguri.
On average 8 surgical acute abdomens that require a laparotomy, 4 cases of bullet wounds per month require surgery before referencing.
The General Hospital of Monguno has an operating room equipped by ALIMA with a well-defined patient circuit and a staff allocated for this activity, including 2 doctors with gyneco obstetric skills and a qualified anesthetist nurse.
The mission of the anesthetist will lead to the evaluation of the practice of anesthesia and the safety of patients in the operating room by administering anesthesia and resuscitation of good quality.
Justification for the need of anesthetist:
Monguno is the most secure and stable LGA of all LGAs in the north, we note several waves of idps from LGAs around BK attacks on the army and the civilian population.
ALIMA is the only medical NGO that rehabilitated the operating room for the activities of CEMONC. To know finance by (DEU), the ministry promises to send the staff with skills surgical for all other activities other than the CEMONC finally to meet the needs of the Monguno population outside cesarean section. Monguno is the most secure and stable LGAs of all LGAs in the north, we note several waves of LGAs around BK attacks on the army and the civilian population.
The anesthesiologist will evaluate the needs of anesthesia and resuscitation and then improve the quality of the practice of anesthesia and resuscitation in Monguno.
● Evaluate the activity of anesthesia and resuscitation, training and coaching:
– Useful drugs for block, anesthetic products and materials
– Organization in the operating room (block pharmacy, inventory and order)
– The practice of anesthesia and monitoring of patients.
– The implementation of anesthetic and resuscitation protocols.
● Ensure pre-anesthetic visits and fill out the cards for any patient passing through the block
● Categorize patients according to the risky anesthetics (ASA1-6)
● Ensuring the right anesthetic technique with less risk:
– Spinal anesthesia
– AG with or without orotracheal intubation
– Combined anesthesia
● Ensure the resuscitation training of the newborn and the adult in the other units (IPD, ITFC, SRH.
● Ensure the sterilization is proceeding in the international and standards norms.
● Ensure the utilization of antibiotic and analgesic are following standards norms.
Doctor with a degree in anesthetist-resuscitator.
– Nurse specialized in anesthesia resuscitation with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
– Anticipate and set up an organization of the anesthesia site according to the patient, the type of intervention and the type of anesthesia
– Respect for the strict rules of health and safety of the patient
– The anesthetist is partly responsible for the traceability of operating room activities and sterile medical devices as well as the control of disinfection and sterilization procedures.
– Analyze the situation, anticipate the associated risks according to the type of anesthesia, the patient’s characteristics and the intervention and adjust the anesthetic management
– Implement and adapt the anesthesia procedure according to the patient and the course of the procedure
– Assure and analyze the quality and safety in anesthesia resuscitation
– Analyze the behavior of the patient and ensure support and information adapted to the situation of anesthesia
– Coordinate some actions with stakeholders and train professionals in the context of anesthesia-resuscitation, intra and extra-hospital emergency and pain management.
– Flexibility of adaptation to work with some limited resources.
– Adhere to the values of ALIMA’s charter.
– Fluent English
– Experience in team management, training and supervision is an asset.
– Experience in humanitarian contexts.
Contract: Temporary contract under French law, 3 months.
Location: Monguno, Nigeria
Starting date: ASAP
Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for :
– Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
– Accommodation costs
– Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
– Evacuation of the employee
HOW TO APPLY : To apply, please send your resume and Cover Letter on our job page before September 09, 2019.
Please note :
Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only accepted applications will be contacted.