Africa India Mobility Fund (AIMF) – Supporting Short Visits to Explore Collaborative Opportunities
Deadline: 4 October 2019
Applicants are invited to submit their applications for Africa India Mobility Fund (AIMF) which is a two-year programme designed to provide researchers from Africa and India with opportunities for short visits in either direction to explore opportunities for building and strengthening scientific collaboration.
The AIMF is a partnership between The African Academy of Sciences (The AAS) and the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) that has been running since April 2018 to promote collaboration between African and Indian scientists.
Applications broadly focused on infectious and non-communicable diseases of relevance to local, national, or global health will be accepted every month. The scope of the collaborative opportunity may include but is not limited to HIV/AIDS, TB, dengue, malaria, vector-borne diseases, parasitic infections, emerging infections, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, health systems research, antimicrobial resistance, drug development, microbiome and general biomedical sciences.
- To strengthen research & innovation capacity and knowledge exchange
- To strengthen scientific collaboration between Indian and African teams
- The award will cover directly incurred costs up to $5,000 / INR 325,000 for travel lasting up to 3 months. This is to cover the applicant’s airfare (at Economy class) and subsistence whilst on the visit. Salaries and fees to attend meetings will not be eligible. An additional $2,500 may be requested for laboratory reagents, however, the decision to award the extra funds will be on case by case basis upon justification of the needs.
- The amount of each individual award will vary according to location and timescale. For example, if staying for a 3-month placement, the applicant may be expected to source university accommodation, or a short term let. However, if visiting for a week, a hotel or equivalent may be more suitable. The decision committee will consider whether the expenses are reasonable and may ask for revised costing.
- Please note that the grant can only be used to deliver the objectives stated in the grant application. Ensure that the best estimates for the full cost of undertaking the project described in the application are requested.
- Applicants may not seek funding for conference attendance, salary, equipment, per diem and indirect costs.
- Applicants must be nationals of India or nationals of countries within Africa.
- They should be based either in Africa or in India, and should be affiliated with a recognised academic, medical, research institution, or other similar institutions. Those based at for-profit organisations are not eligible.
- The call is also open to non-African investigators who must be resident in Africa or Overseas Citizen of India (evidence may be requested), have an appointment/affiliation with an African/Indian institution, and their residence and tenure of service with the appointing African/Indian institution should cover the duration of the award.
- Travel should be between an African country and India and can be in either direction. Travel within Africa can also be sought for an engagement of more than one African country with India.
- Applicants must have a PhD/MD or equivalent research qualification and hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible institution, which must span the duration of the project.
- Collaboration should focus on a single project involving researchers in Africa and India, respectively.
- An applicant is eligible to receive only one grant per year.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: India, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2TgELv7
- OFFRE D'EMPLOI - BOURSE D'ETUDES - ANNONCE -BUSINESS - GODOGODOO
Intégrez les groupes Whatsapp ci-dessous selon vos pays de résidence pour recevoir en instantané toutes les offres d'emploi proches de chez vous.- Bénin - Niger - Sénégal - Togo (Nouveau groupe) - Côte d'Ivoire - Cameroun - France (Nouveauté 100% France) -Pour les autres pays NB:Ces offres peuvent être bien utiles pour vous mais aussi pour vos proches donc n'hésitez pas à les partager aussi autour de vous.
Doingbuzz vous dédie ce morceau : T TU SERAS ÉLEVÉ de l'artiste KEROZEN
Godogodoo, votre site de petites annonces gratuites au Togo:
Ne gardez plus les objets que vous n’utilisez pas ! Godogodoo vous permet de publier vos annonces d’un simple clic et gratuitement. Découvrez ce que les particuliers et professionnels vendent autour de vous, vous pouvez trouver de tout : immobilier, voitures d’occasion, offres d’emploi, meubles, téléphones, services, et bien d’autres choses. Alors n’attendez plus, faites de bonnes affaires sur GoDoGoDoo
Villa à louer à Hédzranawoé non loin de la piscine Atlantide