World Vision recruits 01 Technical Advisor, Child Protection & Participation, TSO
The TSO Technical Advisor (TA) position provides high quality technical assistance to clients in assessments, programme design, execution, monitoring, evaluation and scale-up of core project models and sector approaches in alignment with WV’s strategy to improve child well-being impact. This includes all aspects of grant acquisition and management for foundations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors including facilitation, partnering with peer organizations and private sector engagement as per needs defined by Field Office, Regional, Support Office and Global Centre clients. The TA will continue to learn and grow in technical expertise to provide best in class service. This position will travel up to
30% for client requests and may be deployed for disaster response for up to two months.
Policies, Standards and Guidance:
- Upon assignment, TA refines terms of reference with clear objectives, timeline, role & responsibilities and deliverables.
- Provides high quality technical assistance to Field Offices for TA/TP and programme design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Co-creates and develops new project models and sector approaches in collaboration with and as per the requests from the GC Sector Lead.
- Provides technical assistance to NOs to contextualize and adapt project models and sector approaches to their contexts.
- Conducts technical reviews and provides consulting in response to requests from Field Office (FO), Support Office (SO), Regional Office (RO) or Glocal Centre (GC) clients.
- Engage with leading global practitioners and donors to learn, share, develop and communicate external best practices and standards aligned with Our Promise (OP).
- Using best practices, innovative thinking and cutting-edge technical expertise, TA provides insight and practical ideas for adaptive design of core project models and next generation approaches.
- Work alongside Field Office staff to build understanding of WV’s global sectoral approaches and core project models and global best practices and lessons learned.
- Provide training to clients as requested.
- Mentors and coaches’ technical staff in FOs, and SOs.
- Contribute to the development of learning pathways for technical staff.
- Influence GC and field implementation teams with innovative and promising approaches.
- Share learnings within team (sector and/or project model).
- Lead or support the development of articles, presentations and other products that contribute to World Vision’s technical brand.
- Provide technical expertise for all aspects of programme design (including win themes, theory of change development, logframe, proposal coordination and writing etc.)
- Develop research agendas for inclusion in grants.
- Lead, facilitate or participate in assessments.
- Lead or participate in developing winning proposals for grant donors as per requests from clients including developing alternative approaches.
- Acts as Deputy Chief of Party, Chief of Party or other technical staff of grant funded programmes for Field offices during start-up or transition phases.
- Facilitate and/or participate in learning events.
- Document lessons learned.
- Ensure FO TP designs meet organizational standards.
- Influence decision makers and technical specialists across the partnership, (especially in FOs and SOs) for continuous Programme Quality and quality improvements.
- Lead and/or participate in programme assessments and evaluations and provide inputs and advice.
- Assist with scale-up of core project model implementation in FOs, in alignment with strategy.
TSO Business Processes:
Knowledge Management and Communications
- Contributes to organizational learning through active engagement and leadership within CoPs.
- Share client engagement best practices across TSO.
- Commitment to ongoing learning for professional development and growth.
- Work collaboratively with staff in other TSO sectors, and with GC sector and ministry teams.
- Approach work with a commitment to client-service, that grows the capacity of FO clients.
- Engage with external agencies as needed in the provision of technical services to clients.
- Represent WV in external conferences, donor meetings, technical forum, etc. as requested by clients.
- Maintain projects in Workfront.
- Complete travel bookings and expense reports.
- Ensure internal information management systems are updated and maintained.
- Complete required Compliance Trainings.
- Participate in team meetings and communications.
- Mid-level/senior technical specialist.
- 5 years (min) field level and headquarters experience.
- Master’s degree in relevant technical area of specialization.
- Substantive grant experience required.
- Practitioner/contributor DME experience necessary.
- Fragile context or humanitarian experience ideal.
- Language skills appropriate to geographic assignment’.
- Training / adult learning as a required capability.
- Strong experience in grants acquisition and management with bilateral and multilateral donors as defined in attached GAM competency overview.
- Experience in programming, grant implementation and management.
- Experience institutional safeguarding, including protection incident reporting and management.
- French language skills preferred.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Application deadline: 10-Jul-20
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers.wvi.org.