World Food Programme recruits 01 Business Support Assistant SC L4
Business Support Assistant SC L4 – Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
Area of expertise : Evaluation
Country : Egypt
Type of contract : Short term opportunities
Closing date : 26 March 2019, 22:59 GMT
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
WFP’s Global Strategic Plan 2017–2021 aligns WFP with the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Goals (SDGs). It focuses on ending hunger and contributing to a revitalized global partnership to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Further extensive consultation with the Government and other development partners in Egypt during the second half of 2017 to allow informing and formulating the WFP Egypt Country Strategic Plan for the next 5 years until mid-2023 in line with Egypt’s development priorities, the WFP Egypt Country Office has started implementing the Country Strategic Plan (CSP). The focus of the CSP remains on support to school meals and nutrition support for Pregnant and Lactating Women as integrated part of the national social protection scheme, food assistance for assets and resilience-promotion for smallholder farmers and support to vulnerable Syrian refugees and migrants. To sustain those planned interventions, WFP will be conducting joint monitoring activities with Government representatives of key line Ministries to enforce the concepts of participation, transparency and accountability to its partners. In addition, capacity development activities will be provided to national counterparts and cooperating partners to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability and raising their capacity to conduct monitoring at the local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. Applicant with BA will be given priority.
Language: Good command of both oral and written communication in English and Arabic
This Job is found in Egypt Counrty office. At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work and reports. They may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities to the monitoring and evaluation unit in order to facilitate the effectiveness of the related work and monitoring of the various activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to and implement WFP administrative policies, procedures to facilitate efficient and effective administration service to the M&E unit specifically and WFP in general.
2. Facilitating all the administrative and financial tasks of the unit including recruitment of staff, travel procedures, procurement, and any other required tasks.
3. Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
4. Coordinate the M&E unit’s requests with other units inside the country office and manage documentation with external partners.
5. Manage all of the WFP administrative and electronic systems for the M&E unit, such as (GRASP,WINGS, ITS, COMET, MDCA….).
6. Facilitate in the organization of workshops, conferences, meeting (internal and external).
7. Support in planning M&E activities with the M&E officer and the field coordinator, in addition to contributing to the long-term strategies related to M&E, to ensure that the services provided support WFP strategic objectives are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
8. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and offer guidance and support for needed analysis and queries.
9. Manage and maintain the unit’s records and databases, to ensure information is organized and archived in a proper and timely manner.
10. Supporting the M&E team in any other required tasks that might arise, including but not limited to data collection, analysis.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
• Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
• Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
• Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
• Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods gained through relevant technical training and experience.
Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
High level of maturity dealing and maintaining confidentiality.
High team spirit and coordination and cooperation skills.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work. Previous work experience with a UN agency is desired, to ensure familiarity with UN administrative systems.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submitting the applications is the 26th of March 2019.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.