Deadline: 9 January 2019
The Wellcome Trust is seeking applications from researchers for its Investigator Awards in Humanities and Social Science, with an aim to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive.
The Investigator Awards enable humanities and social science researchers with a compelling research vision to tackle the most significant questions in human health.
- The level of funding they provide for an Investigator Award ranges from £250,000 to £1 million.
- Awards usually last three to five years.
- The award covers the costs of carrying out the programme, such as:
- research expenses
- research/teaching replacement
- conference and meeting costs
- Wellcome considers applications from researchers throughout their careers.
- If Applicants are the early stages of an independent research career, applicant should be able to show that applicant can drive advances in their field of study and that applicant have considerable promise. Applicant should have a strong track record relative to career stage of:
- developing innovative and creative research
- making contributions to their area of research (eg publications and impacts on policy) and/or securing grant funding
- leading or managing a research project.
- If applicants are a more established researcher, applicant should have a track record of:
- delivering innovative and creative research
- making significant contributions to their area of research, eg publications and impacts on policy
- securing and managing research grants or gaining similar experience in a management role (eg in an academic department or in healthcare)
- developing and mentoring less experienced researchers.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
For more information, please visit Wellcome Trust.