United Nations / Global Innovation Exchange – STI Forum 2021 Call for Innovations
Deadline: March 26, 2021
The United Nations, in collaboration with Global Innovation Exchange, invites applications for the STI Forum 2021 Call for Innovations. The Call seeks innovations developed or adapted to address COVID-19-associated disruptions that will remain relevant beyond the pandemic to help accelerate progress towards one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The STI Forum 2021 Call for Innovations is initiated by the United Nations Department for Economic and Social Affairs in collaboration with Global Innovation Exchange at Results for Development.
Selected innovators will be invited to participate at the UN’s Virtual STI Forum 2021 taking place on May 4th and 5th.
- The call is open to innovators, scientists, entrepreneurs and sustainability change agents worldwide.
They are looking for innovations that fit into one of the below categories:
- Innovations that focus on essential nutrition and healthcare services, particularly HIV, tuberculosis, and maternal, newborn, and child healthcare services. (SDG 2 & SDG 3)
- Education innovations to reduce the inequalities COVID-19 has placed on students from low socioeconomic households. (SDG 4)
- Innovations that respond or prevent gender based violence or intimate partner violence (SDG 5).
- Innovations that focus on vulnerable and marginalized populations that have been hit hardest by the pandemic including: older persons, persons with disabilities, children, women, migrants and refugees, and indigenous populations (SDG 1, SDG 10).
Additionally, innovations must be locally-led, and have a concrete vision and plan to scale their innovation’s impact beyond the pandemic.
3-step process to submit your innovation for consideration:
- Step 1: Confirm that you meet the criteria for the STI Forum 2021 Call for Innovations.
- Step 2: Fill out this form for submission.
- Step 3 (Optional): Strengthen your Global Innovation Exchange (GIE) innovation profile*.